“Fantastic dinner!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Eastern Shore Maryland
“Fantastic dinner!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Dinner here was great! Our waitress Irena ( I believe that was her name) was fantastic! We had our kids with us ages 7 and 2 and she was great with making sure they had crayons and bread dough to play with and brought out their food as soon as it was ready! My oldest daughter got the pizza which she LOVED, it was really good. My youngest got the buttered noodles, but stole a couple of pieces from her sister's pizza. Both kids meals were very good! The bread appetizer was delicious! My husband got one of the pastas with a complimentary 2nd helping! It was great, filled him right up! I got the Chicken trio and it was out of this world delicious! I was so full I didnt' finish mine and took it home for later! Both girls got dessert and I got to help my younger one eat her ice cream and it was fantastic! I think I ate more than she did! Plus for the four of us the price was really low for what I thought it was going to be! It was a quiet nice dinner, which doesn't happen very often with a 2 year old! We will def be going here again!

• Visited March 2013

Ocean View, Delaware
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We drove to West Ocean City MD from Bethany Beach DE to go to this place, not exactly a nearby place. We have always had excellent experiences at this place but last evening we were very disappointed especially with the management. I ordered the special Short Ribs which is advertised & our waiter told us it is extremely tender. The piece I was served was so tough I couldn't cut it with the steak knife, it was obviously not cooked very long. I called the waiter over and he apologized and offered another piece. He said his manager said he would get another piece out asap. Again, I declined and asked for the same dish my wife ordered, chicken parm. It took just at least 30 minutes or longer to get my dinner and by that time my wife had finished eating. We had a bottle of wine and ordered another lesser expensive bottle to get a glass knowing we could take the bottle home. The manager came to our table when we were getting our bill to apologize for the short ribs and said it was a end piece and I was right, he said tried to cut into the piece.
For starters the plate should have never got out of the kitchen, second I thought management really blew it! If it were me I would have offered simple apology and maybe offered to pay for the second (maybe $7 his cost) bottle of wine or even offered desert. But instead he checked behind me to make sure I was telling the truth when he said I was right about the meat. I really didn't see any urgency to get my dinner back out to me which was what really ticked me off, it was far too long. The waiter was excellent, it was not his fault he kept coming back saying my dinner would be out soon, NOT! Very poor inexperienced management! Too bad!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank grndpierre
Ocean Pines, Maryland
“Great food: no problems here!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We're local and demanding. The staff is well-trained, the food consistently delicious and the atmosphere good.

Visited January 2013
Ocean City, Md
“You always know what to expect”
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Not a bad place although I couldn't go too often. Food a little on the salty side but always delicious. There's usually a coupon around online or somewhere where you can save a bit.

Ocean City, Maryland
“Another 'Locals' Point of View...”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I completely agree with the post titled "I'm A Local...".
Living in a resort town, we often times must settle for the "average" in restaurant fare, so we were very surprised when this "chain store" came through with an above average dinner and dining experience.
I can't remember the exact names of the dishes we ordered on either of our visits, but suffice to say that everything was excellent. From the drinks, to the Caesar, to dessert - perfect.
The service: It had been two weeks since our initial visit and we just happened to get the same server. Unbelievably, she remembered the following from our first visit, 1. The drinks that we ordered (SanGria - excellent, by the way) and, 2. That we REALLY liked the olive oil and mozzarella (with lots of cracked pepper) with our bread, so she brought extra. Either we tipped too much on our first visit, or this is just one damn good waitress. Maybe both.
As much as it hurts me - as a local - to highly recommend a faceless, corporate, non-locally-owned chain restaurant, I am going to do just that.
We will be back many times - at least, that is, until our wonderful vacationers inundate this beautiful town - and Carrabba's - and make us wait in line!

• Visited October 2012