“Very, Very Good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I'll have to put this in my 10-ten list. My wife and I were in Deep Creek Lake for the weekend. We've been to Dutch's Daughter Restaurant in Frederick Maryland which is a great place to eat as well. This place is the original Dutch's and it did not disappoint. I had the NY strip steak. I've heard of food melting in your mouth but never experience it before with steak. It melted in my mouth. Put that together with the crab dip and the soup, the meal was great. The waitress was so nice as well. We didn't have a view of the lake. We did have a view of the food and that was enough. It was a little expensive.

1  Thank BestBuddyA1

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I arrived at 7pm we made reservations over a month ago and even called to confirm. When we arrived the hostess said "5 minutes" we decided to get a drink at the bar and when we sat down the bartender looked at us like we were a nuisance and said to the older bartender "they just sat themselves." She was young thin tattoo on her neck. I'm sorry but Isn't this a bar? This was confusing. She was very busy and said "I'll be right with you" but had an attitude and when our drinks were made we said thank you and she said nothing. Aren't you working for tips? Her attitude set us on the wrong foot and it only went downhill from there. About 15 min later we went back to the hostess and my husband overheard them scrambling to find us a table "you don't even have a two top ready!!?" The hostesses said to each other. We were sat in a side dining room which was obviously an overflow seating section. It was a special occasion and we felt like we were just randomly crammed in an awkward corner. No candle. Nothing. Our server Hailey recovered our night nicely though. She was VERY busy it was obvious they were understaffed but this should not come across to your guests. If your staff looks frazzled you feel uncomfortable. We sent the soup back it was cold but the food was good I had lobster and crab cake combo and my husband the filet oscar but nothing was hot!! Both entrees were barely room temperature. Hailey was sweet her mom was helping her fill waters at other tables which was kind. It wasn't her fault she was busy and the food wasn't hot. She had an upbeat personality and was very personable. The food was good but if I'm paying 42.00 for a plate it should be hot. They call themselves fine dining which is certainly not the case. We had a very sloppy experience. Personally I feel this place is overhyped because it is one of the few "upscale" choices in the area.

1  Thank yarbsluv
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had a nice dinner here on the recommendations of friends. I had the crab cakes and my husband had shrimp stuffed with crabmeat. Both our meals were better than average. Two dinners with salads, dessert and wine were over $100.oo

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is not one that you will easily stumble across when visiting Deep Creek Lake or Wisp. Without knowing more about it, I would have guessed that it was a restaurant/bar of the kind that you see at a golf course or hotel and that only players/guests eat at because nothing else is close by. However, some locals told me about this place, and I have been three times, always settling in the casual-dining/bar area. I have enjoyed just about everything that I have had there, including: baked brie, calamari, tempura asparagus, salad w. blackened salmon, and the cream of crab soup, which may be one of the best I've ever had. Service has always been good. It's not a place where people would want to go for inexpensive bar food, but it is not outrageously expensive, and the portions are reasonably large. It could easily be my favorite place near the lake.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

They have a great beer selection to choose from. The Steak sandwich we had was terrific. The service we had was very good. I would definitely go back if I am in the area.