“Quaint getaway”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oakland
Atlanta, GA
“Quaint getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

The rooms are quite nice, high vaulted ceilings with kitchen amentities. The Keurig and K Cups were a nice touch. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Bathroom counter is a little on the small side. Great TV channel selection! Front desk personnel are very friendly and accomodating. There is no fitness center on-site. Laundry facilities are available in the lounge area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Brookville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Inn at one of the TAN VIP units. Our expectations were exceeded in many ways. The spacious room was spotless and very comfortable. The wide screen TV had a wide array of movie channels. Our trip was cut short by the bad weather caused by Hurricane Sandy but we had enough time with nice weather to see the beautiful surrounding area. There are plenty of places to eat and shop near by. We plan to go back when we can enjoy the activities this area has to offer.

Room Tip: The room we satyed in was in the front on the end near the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thomas, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am an old man -half crippled- and just getting over a bout of pneumonia when Sandy struck my home with nearly 4 ft. of snow and I lost power -no power, no heat .my friends called there and
I got the last room available. the Inn was easy to find , right off the main road.on check in the staff
noticed i was in bad shape, and swarmed to help me. one placed me in a chair while the paper work was handled, another grabbed my bag and carried it upstairs and returned to help me up
throughout my stay , Shari , the innkeeper, and the entire staff stopped by to check on me every
few hrs , which i found out was in no way their job description, they even made food runs for me.
I've stayed in some of the biggest and smallest hotels in the states and never have I been treated
so well. Shari, you are a gem and you have put together one of the finest , and most caring
staffs around

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank SILVERTM
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at Inn at Deep Creek last October/November. The room was incredible. The staff, including and especially the Inn Keeper, were fabulous to say the least. One of my favorite parts of the Inn was the sitting areas. The fire places, leather couches and chairs, tables, computer area, and big screen TV were just a few of the surprise perks. The coffee and snack bar in the sitting area was great as well. The entire property was immaculate. There was a great warm fall smell throughout the facility. Our room came equipped with a Keurig coffee maker and extra K-cups were available at the front desk. Check out their Facebook page and you will see some incredible pictures. That is EXACTLY what the place looks like. CLEAN, COZY, CALMING!
I have told many of our friends that this was by far the most relaxing trip we have ever taken. We LOVE INN AT DEEP CREEK! Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a kitchenette. I believe some rooms do not have one. You will enjoy this p...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Cheswick, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just returned from an overnight trip to Deep Creek, Mayland. I wished we had stayed longer. The Inn at Deep Creek was perfect for our trip to enjoy the Fall leaves. Our room accommodation was spacious and immaculate. We had a king sized bed, sitting area, and kitchenette. The TV received many good stations, we were given an Ipad for our personal use, plus a computer was available in the lounge area. Although our room faced the parking lot, we enjoyed the private sitting area and easy access to our car. It was convenient to stroll to the back of the property to enjoy the lakeview.
The Inn's location was close to several state parks, the theater complex, and restaurants. We will return to enjoy Little Sandy's for breakfast, Unos, and Pine Lodge Steakhouse. All our meals were excellent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barrie W
Wildwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a girl's week stay at the Inn at Deep Creek and everyone of us were pleasantly thrilled with our choice of accomodations. The Inn at Deep Creek was immaculately clean and the entire staff could not have been more informative for our needs.
Sherri, Sharon, Amy, Meghan, Christy....to mention some of them were there around the clock for our needs and suggesting great places to hang out or to go eat and relax. I HIGHLY suggest everyone check this place out you feel like your at home and you dont want to leave, we didnt want to leave at all. GREAT JOB to all of you.

Room Tip: any room is a good room you have to decide if you want a fireplace or not....there all immacualte.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We'd decided just that morning to make a spur of the moment trip for our anniversary. We got the room with the best view and a fireplace. Plus there was a small kitchen area and a dvd player for while we enjoyed our fire. (It was practically a little single-room apartment that I think we could actually live in for a while!) The staff was super friendly, always responding quickly and kindly when we asked for extras. I'd come back here for sure -- it's a unique find with it's huge decks outside the rooms!

Room Tip: Get the one on the top floor in the back left corner -- it's closest to the lake with the best v...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
The Lodges at Sunset Village
#1 of 2 in McHenry
The Garrett Inn
The Garrett Inn
#1 of 6 in Oakland

Been to Inn At Deep Creek? Share your experiences!