“Quaint, squeaky clean, awesome!”
Review of The Garrett Inn

The Garrett Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Oakland B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed here for a weekend skiing trip to Wisp. It is very close to the slopes (maybe a 5 minute drive), and on the way there are lots of places to eat and things to see (as many as can be expected at Wisp). This hotel is by far the CLEANEST place I have every stayed at. The decor is kind of country-clutter, very homey, warm and comfortable. The owners were extremely accommodating. I looked at a ton of places that were slightly closer to Wisp that were three times as expensive. Don't even bother. This place is perfect - better than a chain and way less expensive than a cabin or condo. If I go back to Wisp, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank bobbywinters
Jeff M, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you for giving us a great review we love to satisfy are guest with any questions or concerns they may have. Look forward to your next visit take care, Jeff

There are newer reviews for The Garrett Inn

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We visited the Garrett Inn for the first time. The room was spacious enough for us (2 adults, 2 kids), clean and proper. The heating system a little noisy but tolerable. The landlords were very friendly; they supplied us with extra towels. The Inn is about 10 min away from the resort. Price is unbeatable; we did enjoy our stay. Thank you, Garrett Inn folks. We will come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Jeff M, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. Love it when are guest are returning, as for the heaters they work the best on low/constant fan setting. Thanks again GranNacho

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly,helpful staff. Very clean and not expensive. Close to diner next door which we loved. Only issue was the A/C was a bit loud. So if you stay here- and I highly recommend it- sleep in the bed furthest away.
I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tim C
Jeff M, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for a good review, please stop by again when your in the area, hope your event was great.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had read the other posts and wanted to give this place a try. I couldn't book on line, which is a surprise in these times, but when I called a very nice gentleman took care of me. My wife and I stayed just one night, but we'll be back. The small lobby was with country like decorations. It was very nice. The room seemed bigger than the average room. There are quilts on the bed. They ask you not to use them because they'll get messed-up. The room was very clean and well kept. All very nice for a small motel. Only problems were the walls of the room were very thin. We could hear everything going on in the rooms on either side of us. We turned the fan on in the bathroom and closed the bathroom door then turned the fan on the heating unit and that drowned out the noise from our neighbors. Heating unit was very loud. Not very expensive. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Get one on the end.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BestBuddyA1
Jeff M, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for trying us out. We are a small 10 room family owned motel; therfore we cannot afford online booking. Hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay in the Deep Creek or Oakland area and we found this little charm of a place. The room was so nice and clean and very cozy. Looked like everything was just remodeled and the personal effects were great. Loved the quilts and the refrigerator and microwave came in very handy. But, the biggest asset to me was the fact that I was able to bring along my little chihuahua friend.......I would never travel without her. So, thank you very much for allowing me to enjoy my vacation weekend. Hopefully, I will be able to return on a visit sometime. Once Again........THANK YOU !!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a different color scheme and are very cozy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank CASEY P
Jeff M, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for choosing us we always enjoy meeting people and sharing stories. Looking forward to your next stay with your little four legged friend.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Small motel that has been completely redone Very cozy Clean and charming Areas to sit outside picnic tables, over sized chairs or your own patio. Refrig microwave eat lunch in There are lots of moderately priced. Resturants Lots to do you are in the center of it all

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were great very charming quilts on the beds
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SandiPoland_Ohio

Thank you for staying at The Garrett Inn. Its always a good feeling satisfying our guest, please stop again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was a weekend motorcycle trip for 17 of us. We arrived Friday and left Sunday morning. From the beginning to the end, our stay was fantastic. The owners were friendly and our rooms were great! Each room has a different theme w/quilts ladder back chairs drop leaf table and all the comforts of home! Super clean and so cute! Plenty of hot water, linens and the surroundings outside were well kept too! I can't say enough good things about this place! We will definitely be making this a stop in the future.

Room Tip: Any is perfect!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kori H
Denise L, Owner at The Garrett Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for noticing all of our different touchs in each room that we have. Always great to meet good people. Hope we see you next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
The Lodges at Sunset Village
Carmel Cove Inn at Deep Creek Lake
Lake Pointe Inn
Lake Pointe Inn
#1 of 2 in McHenry

Been to The Garrett Inn? Share your experiences!