“Enjoyable stay at Deep Creek Corral”
dcc-dcorralgrm_8.jpg dcorralkit_12.jpg
dcc-dcorraldin_8.jpg
dcc-dcorralmb_8.jpg
dcorralbr1_12.jpg
dcorralbr2_12.jpg
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

janel t
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Loved Deep Creek DID NOT enjoy this rental”
Reviewed July 20, 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

I recently visited Deep Creek Lake to celebrate my birthday with a few of my friends. It was a last minute change of plans so we were happy to be able to book this place only a few weeks prior to our trip. First off let me say this was my first visit to Deep Creek Lake from the DC area and I absolutely loved it! I spent my whole vacation on the water, boating and tubing! Thank goddess there was plenty to do because I would have not lasted if I had to stay in this home any longer than I had to. My biggest issue was NOT HAVING AIR CONDITION. Maybe because I'm more of a city girl, but I don't consider air condition as an amenity more like a necessity. I was coming from 100 degrees in DC and although Western Maryland was considerably cooler at 85 degrees the house was hot, therefore needed air. Second it didn't look like anyone( the owner or anyone from Riley Vacation Rentals) had bothered to check the property prior to our arrival. I'm guessing the family that owns this place uses it mainly in the winter months as a ski house so the last time anyone was there was most likely months ago. With that said it was clean, but very very dusty and clear that they have dog that makes himself comfortable on the living room furniture. Lastly, this house is in serious need of an upgrade. I didn't care for the decor, but I excepted it not to be in my taste from the pictures posted on the rental website(however the pictures online does not show the mounted animals on the wall, so if you're an animal lover stay far away!) . The linen had a thread count of 10 the mattresses were hard as a rock and I don't think they have upgraded any furniture since 1976. I ended up leaving the night before I was due to leave because I preferred to sleep in my own bed in my air conditioned apartment.

The one thing I did enjoy was the location. Truly only a short walk from the lake and surrounded by beautiful homes and friendly people.

Some of my friends got hotels in town and I wish I did the same, would have been cheaper and nicer and have had air condition.

This trip was two weeks ago and I have not gotten a follow up call, as was promised from Riley so I figured I would share my experience and hopefully allow others to have a more enjoyable stay then I did. Hope this was helpful.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location, being close to the lake,
Liked least: the condition of the home, not having air condition,
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
MD
Reviewed October 14, 2009 for a stay in June 2009

Management Response
Oct 14, 2009
Thanks for leaving us feedback on your stay at Deep Creek Corral and recognizing our dedication to customer service. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us, and we hope to provide you with the same great customer service for years to come! If you need anything for your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$1,414
/ Week
Make Inquiry
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing