“Excellent Summer Break”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

RichH440
Mercer, Pennsylvania
“Don't believe the hype”
Reviewed December 31, 2011 for a stay in December 2011

I would give this a rating of slightly below average. I was looking for a house to fit a group of 6 adults for New Years Eve weekend. The bedroom layout fit what I was looking for so we chose Drift Away. To start off the house had a funny smell upon arrival. It did go away after the first day. The house is dated and the furniture is worn. The televisions are old (although I've stayed at other homes in the area and they had old televisions as well). The water had a strong sulfur smell. We thought the pool would be an added bonus. Along with the pool came an alarm for obvious safety. The alarm turned out to be a huge annoyance. The pool guy came to check the chemicals and did show us how to tinker with it to make it work because the instructions were poor and it didn't seem to work. The pool guy even said it was the worst alarm of all the rentals he has seen. The beds were hard as a rock. In the pictures they show a shuffleboard and upon arrival the shuffleboard is actually extremely small. The picture made it look much bigger than it really is. The house is in a nice location right on the water but it is a cut up style house, not very open. I will say that the rental company was helpful in that they let us in early to put our food in the refrigerator to keep it cold. I thought this house would "WOW" me but it didn't. I've stayed in the area in about a half dozen different rentals and although this rental is lake front it is probably the poorest rental I've stayed at.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Free wifi
Liked least: House Layout
Traveling group: With Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jan 23, 2015
We are very sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience. Drift Away is now under new ownership as a luxury Deep Creek Lake vacation rental with Railey Mountain Lake Vacations. The new owner of this property has made extensive upgrades designed to greatly improve the quality of this incredible vacation rental home. At Railey Mountain Lake Vacations, we strive to make every guest experience an incredible memory. We invite you to call us at (814) 702-4327 to inquire about this greatly improved Deep Creek Lake retreat!
Ohio

Liked least: Smell of water
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Jan 23, 2015
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing