“Surprising German Apple Cake”
Review of Cornish Manor Restaurant - CLOSED

Cornish Manor Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Following our well-prepared and flavorful entrees: chicken breast topped with crab and duck breast, my husband ordered the German Apple Cake for dessert. He was delightfully surprised when it arrived at the table warm and topped with a caramel sauce drizzle. He could not stop smiling as he savored each bite.

2  Thank readabouttravel

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Because we were in the Deep Creek, MD area, we invited our brother and sister in law to join us for dinner. Since they live in the area we suggested they choose the place . They chose The Cornish Manor and we are quite happy they did. There are several nice places in Oakland but because of their past experiences the first choice was Cornish Manor, the decision was enhanced because reservations are accepted at this lovely place. The dress code was anything from dressy to casual and we saw choices as varied as the menu. We chose to dine on the side porch instead of one of the stately dining rooms. The Manor is decorated in very elegant fashion and would be the perfect place for an intimate dinner or family get together. The menu boasts delicious appetizers, we chose breaded calamari and Little Neck clams. Both were yummy. Our entrees consisted of Prime Rib, delicious and perfectly done, served with red skin mashed potatoes and mixed veggies, a Vegetable Ravioli and an Alfredo Pasta dish. All were served with a garden salad that was tasty, colorful and fresh. The dressings were homemade and delicious. Warm dinner rolls completed the meal. The service was good, our needs anticipated and suggestions about the menu were helpful and spot on. I ordered a glass of Sangria and if I hadn't been driving I would have had another. It was of a generous size and so refreshing. One of the best I have enjoyed. The prices were no more expensive than other eateries in the area and was a good value considering the quality of the food, the portion size and the excellent service. The surroundings, inside and out added together to make this a delightful experience for all of us. Although they were quite busy, we're were not hurried or rushed.
I know we will return again later in the summer season or as fall begins. The Oakland area is a wonderful place to visit no matter the time of year.

3  Thank Wumpette
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This restaurant is in a coverted mansion, and the menu has its detailed history. It is a step back in time. There is a lot of variety on the menu. DInner prices range from about $20 to $30. I had the lobster bisque which was delicious. Others in our group had steak, duck, and shrimp. Entrees came with a salad, vegetables, potato, and rolls.

2  Thank Amiga9
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Try the lobster bisque. I used to eat at Cornish at lunch time weekly. Prices were the same as Denny's for lunch. Dinner is completely over priced. The blackened chicken salad is good and people go crazy for the Chef's special warm chicken salad.

2  Thank Sherri P
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The evening time, a nice place, Tiffany style Chandlers, then, the server, a lovely woman, very warm and nice. But, OH! The food! The French Onion soup was LUKEWARM, it tasted like Lipton Cup A Soup, with almost defrosted croutons. The fried green tomatoes, had so much bread saturated in oil, that I didn't know where the tomato was. I simply could not eat this. French onion soup is one of my all time favorites. This was the worse I've ever had. I'm not a fan of fried green tomatoes, but this place is proud of them. I wish I knew why?