“Very good”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Very good”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The atmoshere of the old house is very nice. The food was tasty and the presentation was nice. I understand that there is a new owner as of a month or so ago so hopefully things will keep on the positive side

Parkersburg,WV
“What a wonderful evening!”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My wife and I had been to the Cornish Manor for lunch while visiting the area, but never dinner. When we arrived we were warmly greeted and promply seated. Our server was prompt and very friendly. We ordered the crab bisque soup for starters and it was fabulous! For entrees my wife ordered the pasta trio and I ordered the prime rib. Both dishes were well presented and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! The young guys who took our dishes and served water were very professional and even took our picture for us. For dessert it was creme burlee and coffee. Fantasic ending! We were pampered and spoiled by our service, kindness and the atmosphere on the outside patio room was perfect. Thank you for a memorable evening and delicious food!

• Visited June 2011
4 Thank dufferParkersburg_WV
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Must Visit When in Deep Creek Lake Area”
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I've come to love the Cornish Manor Inn bar and the people who work there. The food at the restaurant is good quality, good presentation and the chef and others who work there really care about your experience. If you don't like something they are quick to make it right and to take feedback if needed. I love the Salmon for lunch or dinner. The steak I had was really cooked to perfection and they serve fresh vegetables and home made deserts. Thursday night is Prime Rib Night and if you are a Senior Citizen you get discounts. The bar is an old back bar, made of wood with lots of history. It's small, intimate, and cozy to hang at while having a drink or dinner. Great place to meet some locals or visitors from all over. They have a very nice selection of wines and Jacques (the owner) keep a good private stash in his wine cellar for special requests. The Inn is an old Victorian historic home that goes back to the 1800's and the house has been well preserved as the restaurant. If you come to Deep Creek Lake area for skiing at WISP or to enjoy the lake or nearby shopping in Oakland be sure to have dinner or lunch at the Cornish Manor.

Valdez, Alaska
“Excellent menu, great atmosphere, can't wait to go there again!”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

A friend of mine spoke volumes about the Cornish Manor to my wife and I. Being that Greg is a chef, it didn't take much to get us in the car and underway for the Cornish Manor. Upon arriving (we drove three hours with Greg to get there), we found the Cornish Manor to be a large, gorgeous, almost colonial-style home. The exterior was nice, but the interior was really something. The Manor is tastefully decorated and comfortable. Being in this place really took me back into time. However, do not by any means consider this place rustic; it might be old, but it is a very classy establishment. Think of an aristocrat, roughing it.

Atmosphere aside. The service was excellent, and the food was fantastic. I had the melted brie sandwich, which was to die for. My wife had the chicken salad bread bowl. We typically share our meals to get a little more variety. The chicken salad bread bowl was pretty good... but, I would definitely have the melted brie again.

I strongly recommend the Cornish Manor.

1 Thank AmericanOdyssey
washington dc
“Best Place in Deep Creek Area”
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We are regulars at this restaurnant and eat here whenever we are at Deep Creek. The food is good and they have a good, reasonably priced wine list. The oly draw back is that there may be long wait on busy weekends.

1 Thank DCLregular