“Beautiful and Serene”

Suites at Silver Tree
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here as part of surprise trip for my boyfriend's birthday. Having never been to the area I chose to stay here based solely on the reviews I read. I couldn't agree more with all the positive things that have been said!

Check-in was prompt, easy, and done by friendly employees. The room was exactly as pictured online, we were in A125, a corner unit, and it couldn't have provided a warmer or cozier place for us to retire after an afternoon of playing in the snow at Wisp (bonus, the room next to that suite is a supply closet, so it's even MORE private :). I was also pleased at how quiet it was compared to a lot of the hustle and bustle of tourists in the area.

The view from the room was breathtaking, and we lucked out that a big, beautiful snow storm had just gone through the area before we got there. My boyfriend braved the foot of snow to enjoy walking around the balcony, and it looked like he had fun! The cabinets in the kitchenette were well stocked with a variety of glasses, plates, silverware, etc. And the dishwasher allowed for easy clean up at the end of our stay. The little flat screen TV mounted on the wall by the bed was a nice touch, and we enjoyed channel surfing while eating breakfast in bed.

To address some of the complaints that I've read about this place, I guess I must like a really firm mattress, because I slept like a rock! I also took an unplanned nap after breakfast the next morning because it was just such a comfy bed. Also, some reviewers are right that there isn't a ton of light, but we didn't mind it at all. We had several of the soft, low-wattage lights on during the evening, with the fire place going, and it just added to the snug ambiance of the place. We had all the light we needed to play cards and drink wine, so we were fine!

Overall we really enjoyed our stay here, and if we're even back in the Deep Creek area, this will be the place we'll stay!

Room Tip: Again, Suite A125 is the way to go if you're looking for some more privacy, as it is a corner un...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maggie B
There are newer reviews for Suites at Silver Tree

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Spent two nights at the suites at silver tree and was a perfect setting for a ski weekend away. The fireplaces in the lobby and rooms were super cozy to enjoy a glass of wine, and then enjoy dinner At a local restaurant or in the comfort of your own room. the kitchenettes made it easy to serve a packed meal brought from home and save a little money. Clean and cozy, can't wait to come back! Also lake view changes the experience! Popped my head into a standard view room and it wasn't the same. Can't wait to be back!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lindsay D
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We just got back from a two night stay, and really enjoyed ourselves. Since there were two couples going, we were lucky enough to get adjoining suites - this made things really convenient. As opposed to using internet-generated directions to the property, use the directions they provide because they are really easy. Check-in was a breeze and they had plenty of luggage carts for u to use. Although it's a family friendly hotel, we never heard any children we knew there were some there because we saw them in the lobby), and this was nice as we wanted a quiet New Year's Eve. When we walked into our room, I was pleased with the layout as well as the color combinations. The view from the room (A211) was absolutely beautiful! The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and parking was not an issue either. There are two things that I would suggest: 1. they should place a sign on the front desk when the staff goes home so guests know who to contact in the event of an after-hours emergency. 2. BRING A HUMIDIFIER; the room was extremely dry and I woke up both mornings with a sore throat. However, all in all, we'd go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Theatreguy2370
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I don't know what else to say but this place is heaven on Earth. The staff, the rooms, the view... nothing I can, or will ever think of will start with a complaint. The suite itself is a mini-condo, have the best coffee in the mornings and a friendly staff awaits you. They have an exercise room with the best sauna I've had in ages. A reading room with a view that will take you to wherever the book you are reading ends. The new addition of the restaurant next door (Dutch's) adds to the ambiance. Saddle up to the bar for a drink and enjoy conversation or watch one of the many flat screens. The food is off the chart, once again, staff very friendly and I will be coming back.... FOREVER. Deep Creek, this place gets a 5 +++ star! Thank you all so much for a wonderful birthday... for the 4th year. (Don't get me started with the massage earlier!) Watch for my review on that.. ahem.. "Massage on the Lake".. Nuf said.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My family and I are regulars to Deep Creek Lake. Our recent visit was to enjoy the beautiful mountains in the fall. The staff and accommodations at the Suites was top notch yet again. We have stayed at a few other places in the past but our heart always brings us back here. The hotel itself is simply beautiful, always clean and very comfortable. We always feel right at home. The staff has always been very friendly and eager to answer any questions we may have.

The Dutch's is a great place to eat, right on site. We loved the addition of the game room and free DVD movie rentals. Everything you need or want is located all very close to the hotel. It was so nice setting on the back deck sharing a glass of Merlot watching the activity on the water...... So very peaceful!

We will certainly return again.... And again....and again!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Silver Tree for the weekend while looking at houses on the lake to purchase. With no sucess in finding a home in our price range we realized that what we were looking for was at Silver Tree. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The restaurant connected to the suites is a great plus along with Silver Tree Marine. Who could ask for anything more?? It was like a one stop shop!! Great place to sleep, eat, drink and play. We are hoping to purchase one of the suites and call it our 2nd home!!! I would recommend anyone to give Silver Tree a try. You will not regret it!!!!!!

Room Tip: End units are larger and have more windows for the beautiful views
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here for 2 nights. The lake view is very nice and it is centrally located in Deep Creek. The lobby has a nice lodge feel however the gas fireplaces had some serious fumes filling the whole place. Rooms are adequate. Housekeeping was non existent. They are supposed to bring new towels and empty trash but that didn't happen in our room. Staff ignores you as you walk by the front desk. They only speak if spoken to. There is a restaurant/bar (Dutchs Daughter) attached to the hotel. It is very nice and very convienent. I would recommend their Sunday brunch. Not sure if we would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
The Lodges at Sunset Village
#1 of 2 in McHenry
The Garrett Inn
The Garrett Inn
#1 of 5 in Oakland

Been to Suites at Silver Tree? Share your experiences!