“Gaudy Good Food”
Review of The Harp Restaurant & Catering - CLOSED

The Harp Restaurant & Catering
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An American restaurant with an Irish Slainte. The Harp Restaurant serves classic American and Maryland style dining mixed with traditional Irish cuisine. Don't let our facade fool you ... our interior decor is upscale yet cozy. A great place for a date night. We also boast Perry Hall's largest Sports Bar. A classic Irish design with a huge bar imported from Ireland. TV's surround the bar, and additional TV's face our bar booths that are intimate and inviting. We have weekend events, including live entertainment; DJ's, Karaoke Night, Live Bands, and more. Check out our calendar for what's happening at The Harp.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Enjoyed our birthday celebration for our son and his family at their favorite nearby restaurant. I was a bit taken aback with the decor that reminded me of a saloon from a spaghetti western. But, I quickly forgot it once we were comfortably sitting in a large booth in the restaurant area. The service was very attentive and the food varied and well prepared. The menu for dinner is limited, but very diverse from Irish to some good fish dishes and a great tuna wrap that I had. While we were eating it was comfortably quiet, but later as we prepared to leave the loader live music started and it seem that the place must get very lively.

1  Thank BrazilBum

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoy the Harp as our favorite neighborhood date night spot. We always sit in the cozy little booths in the bar. They have a strong selection of quality beers on tap. The menu has some great unique selections. Any item that includes their pot roast is a winner. I love their breakfast burger- yes it has an egg on a quality burger. The wait staff is friendly and attentive.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a party of 7 with a child and a baby - the server was great, very helpful and attentive. The food was also spot on. Had appetizers, sandwiches and dinners and everyone was pleased with the quality - quantity was large so several boxes were taken home.
Very positive experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Servers were very accommodating.Food specials were great deals.Birthday dessert was shared by all adults.Even my 18 month old great grandson was treated very well.(Of course, he was well behaved and polite.)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

On saturday afternoon, my Wife and I decided to grab something to eat on our way home from Baltimore. We had often passed the Harp, up on the hill at 8706 Belair Rd, but had not
stopped in as of yet.

From the moment we entered till the time we left, we were treated like we were family. The
atmosphere here is fantastic, large screens everywhere with Soccer, Basketball, just about any
sport running at the time is there for you to enjoy, and if you do not see something you like they will happily change the channel for you, first class service all the way.

Our server was top notch, within 2 minutes of sitting down, she was right there to ask if we would like something to drink, and to give us a menu and ask if we have ever been there before.

Since it was our first visit to The Harp, our server made a suggestion of the fried rock fish bites as appetizer and told us the burgers were the best anywhere. She pointed out that she
never cared much for burgers until she started working there. Taking her suggestion we had ordered the rock fish bites which were to us in less than 5 minutes.

I will point out here, as a chef, I love to get really good food when I eat out, I am very flexible
and when the food is really good, I tell everyone I know about it. The rock fish bites were fresh, not the frozen tasteless products that many restaurants sell. The plating was classy, the sauce on the side perfect, the portions were right for my Wife and I, and in short it is a superb appetizer and I highly recommend it. 5 Stars in my book!

My Wife ordered the Reuben with braised cabbage and the homemade chips, I ordered the
suggested Bacon Cheese Burger with homemade chips and their own fresh BBQ sauce.

The Reuben was perfect, the taste blend created from all the ingredients along with that braised cabbage, on the marble rye, was perfect.

The Cheese burger with fresh jack cheese, fried onions, real bacon and, this is most important when you are eating out....Cooked exactly the way I had ordered it, it was delicious.

The homemade chips are seen frequently in Ireland and England, but rarely seen here in the states. There was plenty of the chips, the sandwiches were very filling and you reall get
full value plus for your money at the Harp.

Their menu is not 12 pages long, but instead two sides of a sheet. What this shows, is that they are preparing fresh quality food that can be served without any complications, and that is the sign of a kitchen that knows what it is doing. Kudos to the kitchen staff, great job all around.

One of the things I noticed was the Shepherd's Pie on the menu. This will be my next thing to try when we return. I love Shepherd's Pie and have eaten it all through Ireland and England.
I can't wait to try this at the Harp.

This place really has atmosphere. Anyone looking to spend a night out will not find anyplace better. My Wife loves Irish Coffee and at $5.25 for a good Irish Coffee, let's just say she was a very happy camp;er.

The Rock Bites were a perfect appetizer for both of us and at $11.00 very reasonable price for the quality and taste.

The Reuben at $11.00 and the Cheeseburger at $10.00 with the chips served with both, I felt was a great value, Quality food, fantastic wait staff and bartenders, outstanding service all around and a kitchen staff that really has their act together, the Harp gets my highest vote as
a place to go for en enjoyable meal, few drinks and great social gathering. 5 Stars all the way!

ItChef