“Pulled no punches”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North East
Washington, DC
“Pulled no punches”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I find Best Westerns, overall, reliable. That is true with this particular BW. I oftentimes book online, but this time I decided to phone in my reservation. This BW allows smoking and I wanted to know the particulars on that. I prefer not to breathe in second-hand smoke and my six-year old is considered "Pre-Asthmatic." The gal I spoke with offered to put us in a room at the most remote location. I decided to give it a try. I am hyper-sensitive to smoke and didn't detect a trace indoors.
This was a surprise trip for my son during Spring break. The priority was a pool. This particular BW has very generous pool hours; 9am-10pm. That is good to know for families who really "need" that energy burner. The pool was heated and a decent size. There was also a hot tub.
The room was clean and provided the amenities I wanted. I confess, however, the room coffee was the absolute WORST I have ever had. Our mattress was a bit uncomfortable, but not unbearably so for us.
Breakfast at this BW was all right. Coffee, (better than the room, but barely) juice, yogurt, old-ish fruit, assorted breads, scrambled eggs, sausages (scrapple one day) and as another stated, very good freshly made waffles. The attendant at the breakfast area was extremely pleasant. I also noticed another gentleman who seemed to be an all-around worker. I noticed this gentleman take care of the pool, sweep floors and fix holes in the wall. I admire and like seeing this kind of attention to one's job. It shows pride and it made me feel like I was in an establishment where the staff truly cared about "their" hotel.
Upon check-out we were referred to the Herr's Factory for a tour. Check it out if you find yourself in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 427 and the sunrise was spectacular!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank happythreesome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently for a business trip that involved 2 overnights. We needed a meeting room and the staff accomodated us with everything necessary PLUS great personal attention. We needed 5 rooms for staff for the time frame and EVERYONE loved the helpful, courteous hotel staff. Clean rooms, great personal service - who could ask for more!

Room Tip: Ask the staff for whatever personal needs you have to be met - they will accomodate!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Western Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The smell of Lysol was so overwhelming it hurt the nostrils - it was like they were trying to clean up a crime scene,not clean a hotel room. The mattresses were OLD, sagging, unsupportive, and should have replaced long ago. Pet-friendly is one thing, but feeding stray cats at the frong entrance is a little classless. Speaking of pet friendly, that lysol smell would have been torture for a dog, it was certainly torture for me.
And 'breakfast' is a joke.
The front desk lady recommended the Chinese take-out place across the road - I'd avoid that place as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BHarv_13
Dennis, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 22, 2013

On top of a beautifully appointed Pet Friendly room at a very attractive, affordable price, we were delighted to be greeted happily by the "Breakfast Lady". She was extremely pleasant and also helped make the best Belgian Waffles ever. Nice personal touch, Thank You.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chesterfield
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have been staying here the last few times we've gone up to visit family in PA.
The hotel is very clean, the staff couldn't be any friendlier and it's very quiet. All in
all a good place to stay and a great value. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
#4 of 16 in Aberdeen

Been to Best Western North East Inn? Share your experiences!