Best Western North East Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
North Bay B&B(North East)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Perryville Motel(Perryville)
  • Fitness center
Elkton Lodge(Elkton)
View Hotel
All reviewswafflespizza hutindoor poolgreat place to staypleasant stayroom was cleanjust okhot tubthe breakfast areastaff was friendlylong drivecomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againfresh fruitbwpetmd
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I keep pondering why I can't get completely comfortable at this hotel and I can only assume it's because I am Goldilocks and things have to be just right.

We drove awhile reading reviews for various Best Westerns looking for one worth taking a chance on. There is one I loved that is closer to the Delaware line (I reviewed it last year), but we finally hit on this place before we got there so we read the reviews, which were way more good than bad, and decided the bad was just personal, one-time experiences you can't hold against a hotel.

It was after 10 at night and dark, but we were glad to see we were passing some good restaurants and stores. The street we had to turn on at first looked like a dead end. It took a second to notice the hotel sign, so quiet location this really is, as someone else said in a review. After my husband checked us in, we saw a Pizza Hut delivery happening and asked the woman about it. She took our order right there and let me talk to the cashier so I could give her my credit card number. That was very cool of them and I count that as a positive for Pizza Hut as well as the hotel.

There is lots of tile in the hotel - that's good - and the clerk was friendly. We looked hard at the room. My son even checked the drawers, a la one of the poor reviews we read. It was all good. The chairs at the table were clean and stain free. The bedskirts looked good too, though I didn't look TOO hard there. But that's part of where my eyes go in hotels. So what is my problem? The bed. I hate firm beds and some reviews said the beds are firm but ours weren't. We were on the too soft side of things. Someone mentioned the hard edges of the bed making it uncomfortable to sit on. That was true for the bed my husband and I had. It was then too soft in the middle and it felt like I was rolling toward the center. My husband agreed. Maybe they need to flip the mattress? I sat on my kids' bed and theirs was better. Hey BW, check out room 320, the bed next to the wall, will ya?

Breakfast was as uninspired as the reviews said. Bathroom was big, though I noticed a hair in the corner of the tub. The "clean remote" was a nice idea but no one knew for sure if the stain we saw on it was there before we touched it or not. My husband said he didn't have anything on his hands. These are the kinds of things that make me squirm but the bed is mainly why I am uncomfortable. The bed killed the room for me. Too bad.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way back home. We were very pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. The furniture and decor were very up to date and the room was clean. It is very conveniently located off of I-95. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not have a recommendation for a specific room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel a week ago. We had stayed at this hotel in the past and it was for this reason that we decided to stay again for this trip. The suite was nice and clean with two Queen sized beds, a separate living room and bed areas. Breakfast in the morning was nice and plentiful. Upon checking out the dresser drawers, we were horrified to discover two men's underwear obviously from a previous guest. We placed them in a bag and brought them to the front desk who appologized and casually put them aside.

Obviously, housekeeping failed in their duty and definitely turned us off from staying there in the future. This type of situation is unacceptable for us coming from a big hotel chain like Best Western. We did send an e-mail complaint to the manager and as of today haven't received even an acknowledgement. This explains our poor overall raiting.

jet29

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jet029
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I lived in this area temporarily for 6 months and had numerous problems with my apartment. After two months of very little sleep every night, I decided to get a hotel room for the sole purpose of getting a good night's sleep.

I went in late afternoon and explained my situation to the front desk staff, one person was a manager by the name of Patricia. The staff and manager were so very nice and sympathetic to my situation. I know it can be hard to be comfortable in a hotel but all I wanted was sleep. They went out of their way to find me the most remote hotel room in the place, and as it was not a very busy night, they booked out the rooms next to me so I wouldn't end up with any noisy neighbors.

The room itself was clean and serviceable. Not a 5 star hotel, but not dirty or uncomfortable. Then again, I could have slept on a bed of spikes at that point. It was quiet. No outside noise from traffic or anything. I ordered a tasty pasta meal from Pat's Pizzeria nearby (they delivered) and proceeded to sleep for 12 hours.

A million thanks to Patricia and the staff for helping out a very tired and upset person. This was back in April or May, I'm just now getting to write the review.

Room Tip: Front desk staff were very nice and helpful, if you don't like your room, try to talk to them (respectfully, not angrily) and they could probably switch you to another room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 3-4 times. It is about 20 minutes away from the office I work out of when I am out of town.

I have always enjoyed staying here. I have stayed in multiple rooms and they have always been clean and well maintained. There is a pizza hut across the street and a Chinese restaurant. Down the way there is a WalMart.

It is tucked in a corner a few blocks from the expressway.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business