“Birthday Dinner”

Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in North East
Cuisines: Sushi, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: TRAVEL CHANNEL'S #1 GREATEST STEAKS of AMERICA !!! ON 3/15/2015 WE WERE VOTED #1 BEST STEAKS SERVED IN RESTAURANTS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES we offer fine dining in the Steak House and casual dining in the Oyster Bar. We buy the highest quality steaks and seafood. Our steaks are Certified Angus Beef prime and upper choice. We are more expensive and "overpriced" compared to your low end chain restaurants while less expensive then your prime steak houses and serve the same high quality. We earned the #54 spot on The Travel Channels 101 Tastiest Places in America and #5 spot on their Chowdown Best Steak Houses in America.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Traveling in July 2013 stopped in for birthday dinner. The fish and steak were both excellent. I totally love their version of "au gratin" potatoes. The service was outstanding. I don't highly recommend the margarita, but the wine was great. I would have liked a birthday desert, but I'll get over it, and give them 5 stars anyhow. I suspect the bar might get a little raucous at night, but can't attest to that. Overall, a great spot for a reasonably priced, well prepared dinner.

There are newer reviews for Steak & Main

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Took my in-laws there for their birthdays. Atmosphere was nothing to write home about. Given it was featured on Man Vs. Food, I wouldn't expect a formal ambiance. The biggest problem was that there was no children's menu. Ok, it's a steakhouse and maybe not a children's place, but you let them in....offer them something to eat. When my 8 year old's entree is $28, that's a bit absurd. Paid between 25-35 per entree. They did come with potato and vegetable.
The food was good, but to me, not a value.
Add a kid's menu and I'd add a star to the review.

1  Thank festermatt
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I wrote what I thought was a fair review last year and then received a note from someone at Steak & Main who took issue with my comment about no spoon for my youngest's applesauce. Apparently they have never served applesauce at Steak & Main. My mistake. The fact remains unchanged, whatever my youngest had for desert came out with no utensil to eat it with. The comment from the staff reinforces my opinion - excellent food, erratic service. I still live in the area - there are other places to chose from with great food AND consistantly great service.

1  Thank Geoffrey D
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We've been visiting STEAK & MAIN every summer since it opened. I love their steaks and my wife loves just about everything on the menu. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This review is long overdue. After visiting another restaurant over the weekend and having terrible service it made me appreciate Steak & Main that much more. We frequent this establishment every few months and always have great food and service. The owner Tony is usually very visible and likes to interact with his customers. He takes pride in his restaurant and it shows. The bartenders/servers are very friendly and greet you when you walk in the door. If you are looking for great food and service when you are in town then don't pass up this place!