“Try the creme brulee”

Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in North East
Cuisines: Sushi, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: TRAVEL CHANNEL'S #1 GREATEST STEAKS of AMERICA !!! ON 3/15/2015 WE WERE VOTED #1 BEST STEAKS SERVED IN RESTAURANTS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES we offer fine dining in the Steak House and casual dining in the Oyster Bar. We buy the highest quality steaks and seafood. Our steaks are Certified Angus Beef prime and upper choice. We are more expensive and "overpriced" compared to your low end chain restaurants while less expensive then your prime steak houses and serve the same high quality. We earned the #54 spot on The Travel Channels 101 Tastiest Places in America and #5 spot on their Chowdown Best Steak Houses in America.
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We're not seafood people but we thought we would give a crab cake sandwich a try. We tried it here and, while it was OK, the dessert was the best part of the meal.

I love creme brulee and I know exactly how hard it is to make a custard that doesn't break. Theirs was cool, creamy and light. It didn't taste like scrambled eggs which can sometimes happen to custards. The sugar on top was torched to perfection to form a crust with some snap to it. It was one of the best I've had.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I live near by and its part of my friends dining circuit. We enjoy going to the bar and ordering there specials like oysters and sushi. There sushi is alright I would aim for cooked ingredients or tempura rolls. I have eaten in there dining room and it was over prices and poor quality. They asked a friend to remove his hat in a rude way. I found that odd because its a dining room to a bar and they have paper napkins. They cant grill a steak well which is pretty simple.

1  Thank Graceandpride
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My guy says its overpriced and it probably is for the town but I do absolutely love their food, they have great sushi, and their oyster shooters are a great summer drink!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

My son and I picked this restaurant due to us watching so many of the food shows, and that a food challenge had been done here. While we opted NOT to attempt the challenge, we did enjoy a very nice meal. Unfortunately for us, we were both looking forward to prime rib, which we thought we saw on the challenge show, they do not serve prime rib. However, they do serve a delicious Del Monico steak as well as a tender NY Strip (our meals, of course). The service was top notch, and the ambiance did not disappoint. We ate in the dining room, which on a week day evening was not crowded. The food challenge, and it seemed more of the fun "action" took place in the bar area, where seating is plentiful. The bar is to your left, so go there if you'd like a fun atmosphere, or go right, for a slightly more formal dining experience. Either way, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Jeff G
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We saved this restaurant for our last night in North East since it came highly recommended. We were not disappointed.

My husband started off with Oysters "Shooter Style" infused in vodka and chili sauce. He said they were very fresh but wished he'd had them without the sauce, which took away from the sweetness.

For an entree, I had the Balsamic & Bourbon Glazed Flat Iron Steak with Garlic Mashed Potatoes. It was tender and delicious. My husband had Sherried Chicken & Crab, which was equally good. We made sure to make room for dessert, and enjoyed the apple crumb a la mode and a cup of cappuccino.

The waitstaff was very attentive and pleasant, and we had a choice of seating: outdoors, the pub area or the dining room. We chose the latter, which was comfortable and quieter than the other sections. All in all, a very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank eproofreader