“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I want to apologize. My last review showed up as a 1 for some reason and was meant to be a 5 for the breakfast. The breakfast is excellent and highly recommended. Must try the omelets.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

If I had to define this restaurant in one word, it would be decent. Nothing is memorable about this place because the food is okay, and the service is okay, and the prices are fine. This is the place to have a quick lunch with a friend.

2  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We have been here three times for dinner and were interested in seafood. The crabcakes are superb and so is the fresh fish. Broiled rockfish was perfectly prepared. Fried zucchini and French fries just great. We love the place and will return when we are in the area.

1  Thank carolbfran
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The place is incredible. You are greeted at the front door by a hostess who is willing to accommodate us and our family. The food was incredible. When it was delivered to your table it came out and hot, delicious, and wow with so much flavor. OMG there was just so much. The prices were moderate, and you definitely get more than what you paid for. The crab cakes were out of this world, with so much meat, and taste wow. This was truly an experience that you would not regret. The owner of the restaurant is there all the time, takes care of whatever issues you may have (though we had none) with a smile, and the food was just insanely crazy and good. ENJOY and GOOD EATS!!!!!

2  Thank anthony_v_maiello43
Reviewed December 31, 2011

This is a popular diner-style restaurant. I have eaten here about a dozen times and decided that their brunch is great, but that I was slightly disappointed with dinner.

Brunch is usually packed but worth the wait. The food is solid, eggs/bacon/biscuits/etc. Prices for brunch are very reasonable. Diners are friendly and many know each other. A nice atmosphere.

Dinner has been consistently "just ok" for me. A glass of wine is inexpensive, but comes from a box, so don't be picky for the price point. However, each and every single time I ordered crabcakes, they came cold in the middle. Too cold. A mouthful of cold mayonnaise and crabmeat! Not appealing. However, the server has always run the plate back to the kitchen where they heat it thoroughly before sending it back to me. Maybe because the crabcakes are very thick? More rounded than flat patties. The flavor was very good, I just kept getting turned off and frustrated by the uncooked centers.

The french fries are fairly awesome, nice and crunchy, and I'd usually get a side dish of sauteed squash/zucchini which came with onions in a nice tomato sauce. I'd eat these sides while waiting for the crabcake to finish in the kitchen, so I suppose it really all worked out anyway.

They do have a small porch with outdoor seating, and in the mid to late afternoon in the warmer months, the sun hits the tables and can be very nice if you enjoy dining al fresco in sunlight, like I do. The road is right there, though, so traffic.