“Not as good as it used to be but still ok.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in North East
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Not as good as it used to be but still ok.”
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I've stayed at this location approximately 8 times over the last five years. Sadly, the things that I raved about in an earlier review have not held steady. The rooms are showing wear and it appears that only the minimum has been done to maintain rooms. The breakfast room is still very nice and clean. The staff is pleasant.

I wouldn't vacation here but for an overnight to/from someplace, it is fine. The beds are getting a little too soft and it is now just an average hotel vs. its performance 5 years ago. For the quality offered, it does seem to be a bit overpriced.

Too bad, as it has the potential to be a winner in the brand.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I am a gold status priority club member and stay in the express chain approx 25 nights a year. This was by far the most disappointed I have been. The room was dirty, the drapes were falling down, the sheets were scratchy, and the bathroom was in very poor condition. They obviously have done the bare minimum to mauntain there Holiday Inn franchise, but this one has to go. Better off at other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank allin6868
NC
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My husband suffers from back problems and upon our arrival, he went straight to bed. I unpacked the car and then went into the bathroom where there was used soap and shampoo in the tub. I was very nice to front desk and they apologized. I picked up the items and since we had everything in the room for a 3 night visit and husband was suffering, we did not want to change rooms. I travel with clorox so I freshened the bathroom. The next day, we left the hotel a few minutes past 11:00 AM . Our room was never cleaned that day, and front desk said there was a note from cleaning person that said "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door. The sign was NOTon the door, in fact, it was on the inside of the room , where we left it. We received no more apologies, no cleaning service and management refused to refund any money whatsoever. Needless to say, we left a day early and will never go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janbo47
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 26, 2009

Not set very far back from semi main road. Hear cars all night, heating unit was loud and didnt seem to work right. Also about midnight someone was running a large vacuum or steam cleaner. Could hear tv in other rooms. Honestly couldnt have been much worse for noise. Breakfast was ok. decent selection. Price was nice but when you get a great price you also get the people who have no respect for others

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Fort Myers
Reviewed December 2, 2008

I frequently travel up the I-95 corridor for buisness and usually stay at Holiday Inn Express because they are terrific. Don't get me wrong, this hotel has everthing you need. Its newly renovated, granite in bathroom, clean, nice beds and if you get a free hotel discount book from the "Flying J's" gas station before you get there you can get a room for 89.99 a night.

HERE'S THE HUGE PROBLEM: It sits between two highways that are so loud I didn't sleep the whole night. At about 3AM I was considering asksing for a refund and leaving. DO NOT STAY HERE if you can't sleep through ALOT of noise (trucks, cars, sirens). Also, they do not have light-controlled drapes, so you wake up feeling like you just slept on the highway with the light beeming into your eyes.

I will never stay here again and its unfortunate because the hotel itself is physically one of the nicest Express's I have ever stayed at.

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank katiekaw
New York
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I didn't expect much from this place being a Holiday Inn Express, and I was not disappointed. It had all the essentials and was clean. It looked budget, felt budget but priced accordingly. But again, everything was clean. The beds are your standard hotel bed but felt fine. No lumps. The room smelled like a generic hotel (if you know what I mean) but at least no foul odors of any sort. I was pleased that the a/c-heater kept the room at a comfortable temperature. Though it was a bit loud, I wasn't surprised as those types are always loud. Nevertheless, I slept through the night just fine.

Breakfast is included which is a nice bonus. Nothing special but way better than the blah cold cereal and hard bagels or prepackaged muffins that are nasty at other places with a free breakfast. There were hot foods like eggs and sausages (bacon was all gone by the time I got there) and you could toast the breads. For a free breakfast, I'd say it was pretty awesome with the variety of foods and beverages as well as there being actual real food that was hot. It was also well-stocked. There were also sweet items like muffins and I think danishes too. Considering the uniformity of the eggs and sausage, they were probably all frozen/prepackaged and shipped to the hotel for reheating, but they tasted pretty good. Plenty of tables to choose from and if you sit by the windows, you can look at the shimmering blue water of the pool.

• Liked — Cleanliness, free breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank domotofu
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 17, 2008

C/I was simple and quick. I had requested early C/I and this was granted.

Room was clean, in good repair and very large.

Pool was clean. A little on the small side but nice loungers with tables and umbrellas. All in good repair.

"Breakfast" room was large and flooded with natural light. Very nice. Also overlooks pool.

We will book here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Elkton
#2 of 8 in Elkton
No photo provided
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East? Share your experiences!