“Great New Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Luca Sophia - CLOSED

Luca Sophia
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: FUN SEAFOOD AND STEAK, MEXICAN AND CAJUN FLAIR. TRADITIONAL LOCAL SEAFOOD, RIBS,BURGERS, LOBSTER, CRAB, LITE FAIR, AT THE BEGINNING OF BEAUTIFUL NORTH EAST MARYLAND, OPEN KITCHEN, BAR ROOM, 55 SEAT DINING ROOM,PRIVATE ROOM SEATS 10,PARKING.
North East, Maryland
“Great New Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Been to this new restaurant several times.
Whether eating appitizer at the bar and talking to Jay or getting a table it has been great everytime

• Visited August 2012

Neptune, New Jersey
“Great Italian Restaurant in Northeast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I ate here a few weeks ago with a friend. They have an excellent wine list which is rare for this area unless you are drinking at the Vineyard in downtown Havre de Grace. My companion made special requests for appetizers that were both accomodated without question. For an entree I had lobster ravoli which was outstanding. For dessert I had peanut butter pie which was also a home run!! Depending on what you order you can eat reasonably or you could also spend a lot. That is up to you. I like good wine so our bill was on the high side. Enjoy!!

• Visited July 2012
Illinois
“Tasty Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

In North East Maryland one expects to find good seafood, but great Italian restaurants are a surprise. This restaurant in a small corner of North east is superb and makes a pleasant break from the seafood. There's a basic bar/lounge area and an equally inviting restaurant in the back. Although it is dimly lit in the evening with ambient light and candles, it is clearly a family restaurant that is just as welcoming for couples. The staff was welcoming and cheerful. The kitchen is open and you can watch your food prepared if that's what interests you, although the dining room is a nicer place to sit. The food was great. The menu is packed with choices, perhaps too many, but every dish my group tried that night was great. The risotto I had was cooked properly and seasoned well with good herbs and not too much salt. The wine selection seems sufficient. The prices are reasonable for the area and for the quality of the food the prices are superb. Great food and great value.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Telkontar
Wilmington, DE
“Great Italian Food in Northeast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have a place on the water near Northeast and like to have takeout food so we can enjoy the view. This week we ordered from Luca Sophia and it was the best we have had in our ten+ years doing this. My wife had the seafood in red sauce over pasta and I had veal parm-both entrees were fresh and perfectly prepared. The salads were large enough to share. Also the service was fast as the food was ready in 20 minutes. We are definitely going to make this a habit.

• Visited May 2012
maryland
“Just Okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Very pricey and the menu doesn't really explain the ingredients in each dish. However, when I couldn't eat my entree because of unlisted ingredients, the staff was so nice about getting me something else. The service was wonderful.

• Visited May 2012