“Great Hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North East
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our family needed a place to stay overnight on our way home from New Jersey, and we always feel confident with the Comfort Inn & Suites line of hotels. This one did not disappoint. While it was not perfect, for a one night stay, it was more than adequate accommodations. Breakfast was more than sufficient, and the staff was very courteous. Would stay again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank George W
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I spent three days here on my way back from a trip to DC (waiting for renovations of my apt. in NYC to be finished). I've been to many Comfort Suites over the years, and I pretty much know what to expect. I don't anticipate The Four Seasons. I don't fuss over the occasional cigarette burn or tacky furnishings. I found this place quite clean, and accommodating to my dog (the main reason I went here was because it is pet-friendly). All pets are put on the first floor, so I didn't have to deal with stairs. Sure, the place could use a renovation, but I'm giving it an extra star because I found the staff extraordinarily nice. This means a lot to me. I wouldn't come here for a romantic vacation, but I would definitely stop here again if the occasion demanded.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the Flying J truckstop are quieter. There is a large embankment that separates the h...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Anil P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment regarding your recent visit to our property. We take pride in providing outstanding customer service to all of our guests as well as our four-legged friends. Your kind words will be shared with the staff. It's always encouraging to hear the positive feedback from our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future. Again thank you for your feedback. Enjoy the remainder of your summer!
Respectfully,
Natoshia

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had a pre-paid reservation at a hotel in downtown Wilmington. Believe it or not, at 11:30 pm, I could not find the hotel. I headed South, planning to go to Baltimore, but decided to stop at Exit 100. Brenda, at the front desk, was lovely and gave me a room. I was concerned because there was a refrigerated trailer parked right outside my room and I knew the reefer would run all night long. When I got inside, though, I could not hear the noise. The room was large, with two Queen beds and a sofa. The bed was dated, not a pillow top mattress, but more than adequate for a one night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was average, well laid out in a pleasant room.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevator, so you might want the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Anil P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for such kind words regarding our property. We take pride in accommodating our guests and their needs. I will also share with Brenda your review. If your travels bring you back to our area please stop in. Hope that you have a great holiday!

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

First of all - if you cant walk up stairs or gave A LOT of luggage - there is no elevator to the 2nd floor. Take note.

Otherwise, the hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms have 2 small refrigerators, a microwave, and couch sitting area. The hotel is located in the same lot as Denny's and a Flying J Truck Stop which is convenient for a pit stop on the road. There is also a liquor/beer store across the street. The comforter did have cigarette burns (as mentioned by another user). The breakfast was pretty good (continental plus waffles, egg, sausage).

• Stayed: June 2013
Anil P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey for our property. I apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay. One of our future upgrades will be to install an elevator. If you do stay with us in the future please request the first floor and we will make every effort to accommodate that request. Thank you for all of your positive comments as well. We definitely take pride in accommodating our guests and making their stay the best possible one. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The staff was great, the lobby very nice, the wifi worked, but for the price ($135), it should have been nicer. The carpets in the hallway were dirty, there were burn holes in the bedspreads, the hallway smelled, and my kid wouldn't go into the hot tub because of the stained (or dirty) bottom.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on our property. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay. The comments you have provided will be used to ensure that the proper actions are taken to improve our hotel. I can assure you that we will be doing lots of upgrades to our guest rooms over the next several months. If your travels ever bring you back into our are please stop by to see the upgrades. Again thank you for your time. Have a great holiday!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed there a few weeks ago the staff was nice the rooms were a nice size but the beds were not the comfy and I did not like the fact they had no elevators it was only a two story hotel but i was on the second floor and I do not like to be on the first floor. I found it annoying i had to carry the luggage up a flight of stairs it also had a nice size pool and a jacuzzi but the pool was a little cold because it had no heater. But overall it was a decent hotel

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage stay on the first floor unless you want to carry it up stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Anil P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank You Very Much For Your comments.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hotel was easy off easy on to I-95. Friendly Check in - Nice clean breakfast room with plenty to choose from . But was disappointed when we saw burn hole on bed spread & sheet. Also room could have used a dusting

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#1 of 8 in Elkton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!