“Really Great Stay!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North East
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stopped here overnight on the last leg of our Florida to New England road trip. The room was very clean and spacious and the service was very attentive. The location was great (right off of I-95) but there is a tricky entrance through a truck stop, so make sure you are paying attention. The breakfast area was really nice and well-kept. I really can't think of anything negative about this place. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Large rooms, ample parking even for larger vehicles, flat screens/cable wi-fi laundry/pool/hot tub
work out room(3 exercise options & tv ) mini fridge and microwave. comfy bed, plenty of outlets in the room in perfect locations, large closet area/iron & full size iron board. Tons of key card entry ways for gaining access after parking near your room. The staff, very attentive and courteous.
My room was clean, cool and comfortable.
btw: there is a denny's next door/truck stop
walmart within 2 miles and No chinese food delivery!
easy on/off for i -95 frwy.
pet friendly-

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel. Several years ago it was undergoing change of ownership and name to it's current Comfort Inn & Suites. It is much nicer updated and cleaned up quite a bit. We were attending a college graduation in Newark, DE and the hotel was very convenient once again. It was neat & clean and not the newest of hotels but I am rather picky and I would stay again if only for one night. Our biggest complaint is that it is not totally non-smoking and if you are a non-smoker, you know what I mean when I say you can just smell it even though it really wasn't bad. We could not have stayed if it was as I am that sensitive. Anyway, they have a nice heated indoor pool and whirlpool which we did not get to use this trip and they have a hot breakfast which is the typical "hot" hotel breakfast. Good for grabbing a quick bite to get you going. The front desk person whose name I think was Rachel was very good even though they were slammed due to the college graduation and a couple of weddings. Price was very reasonable considering if you went up the road another 5-miles, prices were nearly tripled due to the graduation! An okay stay and it is pet friendly even though we did not have the dogs with us this trip. Oh by the way, it is a little off the beaten path having to go in and around a truck stop and up a hill to get to it.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor to the rear of the building and it was ok except for hearing a lot of wal...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have been here before while attending a local dog rescue fundraiser in the area but his time, I went with the consensus opinion which was, initially, to stay elsewhere and save some money. That proved to be a big mistake so at the last minute I called here. Upon check-in I discovered that I had apparently neglected to mention my canine companion but the very pleasant desk clerk did his best to accommodate us.

They have changed their pet policy from years past so that dogs are now accepted only on the first floor and perhaps only in certain rooms. As a consequence, the only rooms available allowed smoking which quite frankly would not be my preference even if I smoked but circumstances being what they were I could not be too picky. The desk clerk offered to let me check out the rooms first and we found one which had a bit of an odor but not bad and it was remedied fairly well by the AC. He then offered to discount the rate and waive the pet fee. All in all very gracious.

The rooms are clean and were updated a couple of years ago. They have both refrigerators and microwaves although I would not call the fridge cold. I added a bag of ice to it and it was fine. Exterior doors lock securely which is reassuring especially if traveling alone. The grounds are well maintained and the rooms are quiet.

It is convenient to the town of North East which has some quaint shops, good restaurants and a nice park on the water with ramps for kayaks and canoes. A few miles down 292 is Elk Neck State Park which is very nice.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The staff was friendly, rooms were clean, pool and hot tub were well kept, and the breakfast was on par for a hotel. There is a store and restaurant (Denny's) next door, easy access to I95. I will come back again when I'm back in the area next month.

Room Tip: Very long hotel, older travelers or the disabled might want a room close to the lobby
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stopped here for one night while traveling north on Interstate 95. The rooms are a little dated with dim lighting but the bed was comfortable. The hotel served a average continental breakfast with eggs and bacon, cereal and pastries. The hotel had a indoor pool and whirlpool which was clean and well maintained. There are two floors but no elevator?? We had a room on the first floor so we heard trucks on the highway at night but other than that it was a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Checked in here on Thursday, April 5, 2012. The room was ready very early and check in was quick and easy. The desk clerk was friendly. We had asked for a first floor room and away from the smoking section. However we did not know that our room would be in the pet section...we had room 120. We did not hear any pet noise. The hotel is older but well maintained and clean.
Our bathroom toilet was not working properly and we called it to their attention and it was fixed; they indicated if it could not be fixed they would change our room.The pool is not heated or at least did not feel heated. The pool/spa area is clean and furnished with tables and chairs. This hotel is what I would call 2+ star based on comfort, cleanliness, and amenities. We had 2 queen beds with sofa sleeper. The double sink vanity outside the tub/toilet area was a nice surprise.The towels are thin but you could feel a nap. We had a fridge and microwave. The free breakfast is just what any other hotel of this class would offer. There is a Denny's Restaurant next door and a convenience store too. We would stay here again. The only complaint we had is the thiness of the walls does allow for hearing everything that goes on above and next door. I do not believe there was an elevator. The pillows were soft and we loved them.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#1 of 8 in Elkton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!