“Not what I expected.”
Review of Meritage

Meritage
Reserve with OpenTable
Meritage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rockville Pike
Transit: Across the street from White Flint Metro
Description: Casual, yet upscale, our North Bethesda restaurant's atmosphere allows you to unwind with your travel companions while browsing a menu that features an extensive wine list and fresh, seasonal cuisine. Stop in for a bite to eat during your visit with us.
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Visited resturant on May 19, 2012 for Sunday brunch . I had fresh made waffels that had a bitter taste to them. The salmon was dry. Cold large shrimp very bland no season. It is not worth the $30.00 that they charge you. It all just taste like institutional food like a cafeteria.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is your typical Marriott hotel restaurant. Nothing to write home about, but certainly not awful. They had a buffet at both breakfast and lunch, which was fine, but you could also order off the menu.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

We had delicious crab and corn chowder. The service was great and fast as we were in a hurry. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

The food was delicious, quick (we were in a hurry at lunchtime and they accommodated us very well) and not too pricey. It is very convenient to eat at the hotel when you are attending a conference.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Staying at this hotel on business. I ate here for dinner the night I arrived and brunch the next day.

For dinner I had a glass of the house red, a cup of soup, and sauteed green beans; they gave me a complimentary bruchetta too. The wine was delicious. The soup was disappointing; it was advertised as corn & crab chowder, but all I tasted was corn & potato. The green beans were fresh. The complementary bruchetta was choc full of garlic, & I enjoyed that very much.

Brunch was their Sunday Buffet, which had just about any sort of brunch food you could imagine -- I opted for some cheese blintzes, potato pancakes, shrimp, lobster, & fruit; the woman at the chocolate fountain bar said it was delicious, but I was enjoying my blintzes too much to eat anything else sweet. They had a variety of traditional breakfast foods too (eggs, meats, potatoes, pastries, made to order omelets & waffles). The blintzes were yummy, as I mentioned. Everything else was fresh and tasty.