“Dinner was great”

The Westlawn Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Server was great but took a long time to receive entree (I felt this was due to the kitchen area not the server). Had the BEST crab soup which they prepare with a hint of sherry and touch of tabasco oil. We ordered the lobster tail and filet mignon both served on risotto. Entrees were delicious and beautifully presented but the risotto was was warm rather than hot as was the rest of the meal. Bread and butter were delicious with their own prepared butter. We came back a few days later for breakfast. They serve a limited Sunday menu. It took an hour to receive our rather uneventful omelettes. Server never apologized or even addressed the delay. They were not even that busy! This CAN be a great place to dine but the food prep situation needs to be addressed by their management. I believe you will get great food but not necessarily in an efficient time. The rating of very good is for the food only.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food is great at the Westlawn and on nights where there is music stay for that too -- because it's usually great and there is no cover charge. Their specialty dessert is creme brulee and it's a recommend -- linger over that while the music provides a front-and-center taste of entertainment. Great for couples, an easy low-key evening out that feels special, The bar is a fun place to hang out also.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I go to The Westlawn Inn a few times a year. We enjoy listening to the music and hanging out with good friends. The food has always been good as well as the service. I like how they change up the menu from time to time. Looking forward to our next visit.

2  Thank scubagirl0627
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This may be the best one yet...Lee has put some lighter fare on the main menu and changed up some items...I don't even like pork and I ate half my husband's dinner! Weekend bands are excellent and we are always treated well. Nice wine list - best place for a candlelight dinner around here!!

1  Thank Twinkles18
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have had several dinners at this establishment and have enjoyed the ambiance and laid back atmosphere. I love the bar, jazz nights are great for date night, and sitting on the porch in the summers is great for people watching and enjoying the breezes by the bay. Will be back soon.