“2nd quarter menu”

The Westlawn Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This may be the best one yet...Lee has put some lighter fare on the main menu and changed up some items...I don't even like pork and I ate half my husband's dinner! Weekend bands are excellent and we are always treated well. Nice wine list - best place for a candlelight dinner around here!!

1  Thank Twinkles18
There are newer reviews for The Westlawn Inn

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have had several dinners at this establishment and have enjoyed the ambiance and laid back atmosphere. I love the bar, jazz nights are great for date night, and sitting on the porch in the summers is great for people watching and enjoying the breezes by the bay. Will be back soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Looks like our dinner partners beat me to the punch in an earlier review on this place. Even after waiting my "cooling off" period to write a review when the experience is SO bad in order to try to put some calm thoughts together, the memory of this miserable meal has not faded. You go out to eat at a pricey place for two reasons -- great food and at least good service/management. This place was so lacking on both fronts that I don't even know where to start without sounding like a rant. Let me just mini rant and Cliff's Notes it -- Saturday night with friends - 1-1/2 hours and still not fed (small - not overly busy). Tasteless salad and cheap ingredients. 2 out of 4 meals unedible (simply cold after the 90 min wait - even after being returned twice - twice!). After 2 hours of waiting (now 9pm) and our dinner partners finished eating warm but tasteless meals, we just asked for the check. $150.00 (no exaggeration) and two people who didn't even eat... and 2 others that wished they hadn't either. The manager? He graciously told us that he would not charge us for the 2 meals that were not able to be eaten. Now that is restaurant management at its finest. So...if you want to spend a lot of money.....sit for hours hungry and go home hungrier while paying equivalent to a full night out at Fogo de Chao without the fine dining (not kidding)....then this might be a spot to try. Never. Ever. Again.

2  Thank tlc232
Reviewed April 6, 2013

How's the adage go? Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice.... After waiting well over 1-1/2 hours, several dishes arrived cold and inedible while the others wished they had been returned - although warm, the 'special' was dry and tasteless. After another ten minutes, the remaining food was incredulously returned equally cold which was when we decided to cut our losses and leave the restaurant.

In talking with the owner on the way out, he stated he knew of our experience and 'graciously' decided to remove the inedible food items from our bill - classy. This was a deja vu experience from several years back but due to recent reviews on Tripadvisor, we thought perhaps the management and food had changed and we'd give it another shot. Shame on me.

1  Thank Frequent_Traveller27
Reviewed April 4, 2013

They have the best fried tomato and crab appetizer ever. I have tried to recreate it at home and have come darn close but have not gotten it exact. Love to sit on the porch and do a little people watching before enjoying a terrific meal. The menu changes frequently so I keep having to find new favorites!