“Decent food and nice outdoor seating with a little bit of a view”

Plaza Mexico Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
New Market, Maryland, United States
“Decent food and nice outdoor seating with a little bit of a view”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

this is just like your neighborhood mexican place, you know, the place with the white cheese queso, service in 5 minutes tops, and unlimited chips and salsa.

The staff is very friendly and the service is quick. It is not the best Mexican food I have ever eaten but it is exactly what I expected having been to many local Mexican places just like this.

I enjoy eating outside on a nice evening. I have eaten here 4 or 5 times in the past three months.

Visited September 2013

Chesapeake Beach, Maryland, United States
“It is a Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I mean, that's all you can really say about the place. Typical Mexican decor, bland (yet not offensive) Mexican food, same menu as any of the other Mexican restaurants that have recently been showing up in droves across southern Maryland.

The family and I have gone here on half a dozen different occastions with always average food and service. I'm sure it'll do fine, since it is fast, inexpensive, and not bad, but there's nothing about that place that seperates it from the its competitors.

Our meals are typically better at lunch, and the portions are the same as dinner. So it's a better bet to go there early, in my experience. Can't really recommend anything in particular, although I usually get something with Mole sauce on it. Plaza's is satisfactory, not special.

Service generally tends to be OK. We went last night and our server forgot our sons Sprite and silverware, so I had to interrupt a conversation he was having with a coworker to remedy this. He also overcharged my wife for a beer by $2, as we should have been given the Happy Hour rate. He was quick to acknowledge and fix both mistakes, though. No harm, no foul, I suppose.

We go there because it's close and the kids enjoy the quesadillas, but I'd probably avoid it if something just a LITTLE bit better were in the beach.

• Visited August 2013
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Like it!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We enjoy going to Plaza Mexico. The food is always fresh, hot and tastes good. Have I had better Mexican food? Yes! For the area, this is nice. Love Stephanie who works the bar. She is always friendly, fast and helpful! Servers on the restaurant side have always been friendly and attentive.

• Visited April 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“I'd Rather Go To Taco Bell”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Seriously. Give me a couple chalupas over this place any day. The atmosphere was typical of a Mexican restaurant and the server was very friendly and attentive. However, my food was terrible. The ground beef in my enchilada was dry and bland. The tortilla was stiff, like it was a few years old. The sauce was okay, but nothing to brag about, and the rice had no flavor whatsoever. Other people in my party said they enjoyed their meals, but I sure didn't.

• Visited May 2013
Takoma Park, Maryland, United States
“Just okay”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were excited to try this, as we've just moved to the area and really wanted a good local mexican restaurant. Unfortunately, the food is just average, not great. They have an enormous menu, and the food comes out really quick, so it's just not well prepared. The margaritas are standard. Really wanted to like it, but now we travel further out to Mexico Restaurant in Huntingtown, which is much better.

Visited April 2013