“Great crab cakes and variety!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olde Bay Tavern - CLOSED

Olde Bay Tavern
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Maryland
“Great crab cakes and variety!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stopped here on our way to the Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa and got lunch. Crab cake sandwich was pricy ($16.99) but worth it. Fresh cut fries, little filler, old bay sauce, excellent! Looks like a house on the outside, very quaint on the inside. I'd come back here again!!

Visited May 2013

Anderson, South Carolina
“Excellent food and service in North Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We found this eatery via Trip Advisor and based on it's looks and crowd at lunch we gave it a try. Wow! The broiled halibut was fresh and the crab cakes were flavorful. But the best are the French fries. And to top it off our waitress was friendly, efficient, and obviously liked her job. I would go back anytime and try their other seafood entrees.

• Visited May 2013
Hughesville, MD
“Consistently good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I last wrote a review on Olde Bay Tavern in September of last year. This is more of a summer time place to me because if you get seated on their porch it could be chilly in the winter months. It was nice out Friday night, so we decided to go back to Olde Bay Tavern. Another good meal, good prices and great service. Consistently good I think and a great neighborhood to walk the boardwalk after eating a great meal. They now have a wine list!!!! My husband had teh Cypress Chardonnay and I had teh Copper Ridge White Zinfadel, both good wines and good size pours for $4.99 each. I had the lightly breaded fried scallops, large and plentiful - delicious. My husband had the Haddock pan fried which he enjoyed. We both choose the spinach salad and the home made fries for our sides. Our total bill was $38.36 after our 20% military discount was deducted, can't beat it!!! The couple next to us ordered the crab dip and they kept raving about how good it was. We will definitely keep this place at the top of our list of places to eat.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Fishtherapy
Ann Arbor, MI
“Delicious food, friendly service, military discount”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

If you are tired of the common fried/ warmed-up average grub you get at the chain resteraunts, check out The Old Bay Tavern. The atmosphere is comfy, the service is friendly, and the pace is relaxed. The Tavern offers hand-crafted food like momma used to make. The crab cakes are probably the best around. I also like the salmon, the sage and mustard chicken and the crab dip. Do not leave without eating a piece of banana jam cake for dessert. If the menu does not have exactly what you want, feel free to ask them to make you something special. That is the advantage of this cook to order type of home-style establishment.

The service here is very friendly. You will likely receive a warm greeting by the owner, Colleen. The waitstaff will keep your drinks full while you wait for your food. The kitchen is very small, and sometimes it can take a little longer than normal. But you don't go here for fast food.

If you want to spend time talking and visiting with your friends and family while enjoying food that is much better than the average chain grub, The Old Bay Tavern is the place to be.

1 Thank pipes12
Croom, MD
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I went with two other couples to Old Bay. Unfortunately their trademark hush puppies were brought out burned to a crisp. Then the entrees were delivered, all except one. When finally brought out, the shrimp was not cooked enough. At that point, since everyone else was more than halfway done, i just asked for it to be taken off the bill. Our server was very good and quite apologetic and gave us two free desserts but I will not go back due to the numerous problems our table encountered. Average is just not good enough for me.

• Visited February 2013