“Pricy menu, OK food, and a guessing game with the beer.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Olde Bay Tavern - CLOSED

Olde Bay Tavern
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Washington, DC
“Pricy menu, OK food, and a guessing game with the beer.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We found Olde Bay Tavern while looking around North Beach for a place to stop and have dinner. We had hoped for a seafood joint because, after all, it's Southern Maryland and you're right on the beach, so why not? Unfortunately, the seafood selections at Olde Bay are minimal.

Location: Olde Bay Tavern is just a few blocks from the shore and right off the main road through town. Parking is easy to find in the residential neighborhood where it sits. There is indoor and outdoor seating, though the place is small, so I can see this place easily filling up during peak tourist months.

Menu: The food is rather pricy for what it is (primarily $15 - 20 entrees). We are beer drinkers and were hoping to sample some interesting craft beers. They didn't have a beer or wine list. The waiter simply came by and asked us what kind of beer we liked (wheat, lager, porter, etc) and then suggested what kind he had. We had some good beers, but would have preferred to actually see what was on hand for ourselves.

I wouldn't be in any hurry to return to this place. I am convinced we can do better somewhere else in North Beach.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank JSinDC

Manassas, Virginia
“Average food...high prices..Decent Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Located in a 1950s era beach house. Our server was great and our kid loved her, but I heard other customers complaining about the other waitress. Food was nothing to write home about. But the price will take you wallet out!

• Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Olde Bay Quickly Became a Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I first came to Olde Bay Tavern about three months ago. I honestly try NOT to become a regular at any restaurant because I like to try new things. But Olde Bay Tavern keeps calling me back with its friendly service, indoor and outdoor seating, convenient location, range of menu options, and consistently delicious food. I frequently visit Deale, North Beach, and Huntingtown, but I seem to make my way back to Olde Bay Tavern no matter where I'm staying. It's casual enough to come by after a day on the beach, but also fancy enough for a special celebration. We've have had their salads, flatbread pizza, crab cakes, scallops, haddock, sweet potato bake and other dishes. The restaurant also features a great selection of wines. I highly recommend it.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank time2getaway
“Poor service, slow, average food--at best, and a little pricy for what we got.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Went for lunch with family. Very slow, poor service. Overall, took over an hour to deliver a few sandwiches. Made a few mistakes on the order. The bill had a mistake--overcharged. Prices were high for what we got. I recommend trying some other place.

2 Thank Poyntman
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We enjoyed dinner and breakfast there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

After having not-so good meals at our hotel, we had a great dinner there and went back for breakfast the next day. Good, fresh food, and a lot of different options on the menu.

• Visited July 2012