“Enjoyed our first visit”

Neptune's Seafood Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Neptune's Seafood Pub serves fresh and delicious dishes that include seafood, steak and vegetarian options. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 11 am - 10 pm; Friday and Saturday from 11 am - 11 pm and Sunday from 11 am - 9 pm.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

A coworker of mine has nagged me to go to Neptune's. She especially raved about their muscles. My husband and I finally made it to Neptune's Saturday around 3:00pm. Our intention was to have something light but we got more for our money than we bargained. We each ordered the corn and crab chowder which was out of this world good and worth the trip there alone. My husband ordered the mussels and he enjoyed them although he thought there was too much sauce in the bowl. They do sell garlic bread to go with the mussels but he chose not to purchase the bread, he should have. I ordered an appetizer of shrimp and sausage tacos. It was more like burritos than tacos but they were crazy good, filled with lots of shrimp and sausage! One was over a jalepeno cole slaw which was not that hot but it didn't grab me ( my husband enjoyed it though). The other was on a bed of rice with cilantro, too much cilantro. The wonderful flavor of the tacos / burritos made up for the rice and the portion was definitely an entree size rather than an appetizer. We saw tables next to us asking for take home containers, their portions are large and prices reasonable. You can sit near the bar but we chose to sit in the room past the bar, quieter with windows. We are glad we finally made it and will definitely return. Good service, friendly staff.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

There is nothing special about the building, bar, or diningroom. But the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, and the food is good! My personal favorite is the mussels, which they serve cooked with a choice of sauces. The garlic butter is terrific, and served with garlic bread, what's not to love? Monday has an all-you-can-eat mussel special which is a don't miss! Everything else I have tried has also been good. Stop in!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you're in this area of Chesapeake Beach MD never eat at this place. I went here to eat and I didn't like my meal, I asked to substitute my food and I couldn't plus I still had to pay for a meal that I didn't eat. So fyi if ever go here please make sure you get something that you are familiar with. The management SUCKS and doesn't sympathize with their customers.

1  Thank PissOffCustomers
Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you do, you will miss one of the best crab cakes I have ever eaten- broiled or fried, both were good. Don't be fooled, this is not a dive bar. Well, it is not only a dive bar. One half is definitely a bar and somewhat divey, but the other half is a good restaurant and appropriate for a family. I would not want to be there too late, but if you have little kids- you shouldn't be there anyway! Give it a try, order the crab cakes, be daring on the sides which are both interesting and tasty and then go take a walk on the boardwalk.

1  Thank Weekend_Traveler55
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We mostly go to Neptune's for lunch. Lately, my favorite thing to eat there is a side salad with their goat cheese vinaigrette and then an order of the steamed shrimp with a side of garlic bread. Neptune's serves their steamed shrimp with melted butter and cocktail sauce, which is nice. The shrimp are big and delicious.

I've also had the pizza there and both i and my kids liked it. We also like their crabcakes. My kids love their waffle fries.

The only bad thing I can say about Neptune's is that since they have a small dining room, they often have only one server working, and that means sometimes service can be slow. It's not usually the food coming out that's slow, but sometimes I've had to wait for a drink refill.