“Bad Customer Service”

Neptune's Seafood Pub
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in North Beach
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Neptune's Seafood Pub serves fresh and delicious dishes that include seafood, steak and vegetarian options. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 11 am - 10 pm; Friday and Saturday from 11 am - 11 pm and Sunday from 11 am - 9 pm.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you're in this area of Chesapeake Beach MD never eat at this place. I went here to eat and I didn't like my meal, I asked to substitute my food and I couldn't plus I still had to pay for a meal that I didn't eat. So fyi if ever go here please make sure you get something that you are familiar with. The management SUCKS and doesn't sympathize with their customers.

1  Thank PissOffCustomers

Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you do, you will miss one of the best crab cakes I have ever eaten- broiled or fried, both were good. Don't be fooled, this is not a dive bar. Well, it is not only a dive bar. One half is definitely a bar and somewhat divey, but the other half is a good restaurant and appropriate for a family. I would not want to be there too late, but if you have little kids- you shouldn't be there anyway! Give it a try, order the crab cakes, be daring on the sides which are both interesting and tasty and then go take a walk on the boardwalk.

1  Thank Weekend_Traveler55
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We mostly go to Neptune's for lunch. Lately, my favorite thing to eat there is a side salad with their goat cheese vinaigrette and then an order of the steamed shrimp with a side of garlic bread. Neptune's serves their steamed shrimp with melted butter and cocktail sauce, which is nice. The shrimp are big and delicious.

I've also had the pizza there and both i and my kids liked it. We also like their crabcakes. My kids love their waffle fries.

The only bad thing I can say about Neptune's is that since they have a small dining room, they often have only one server working, and that means sometimes service can be slow. It's not usually the food coming out that's slow, but sometimes I've had to wait for a drink refill.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Located only a short block from Chesapeake Bay, Neptune’s has been a fixture in North Beach for quite a while. I’ve been going there for twenty-five years and have never been disappointed with the food or service. Chef Bill Sherman turns out some amazing fare from his compact little kitchen, in full view of the bar patrons. The main dining room was added about a dozen years ago and the kitchen was enlarged at that time. Before the expansion, the kitchen was about the size of your minivan, but the food has always been good there. Neptune’s is frequented by the locals residing in this little jewel of a place which has seen a lot of change over the years. With its newly-renovated boardwalk, fishing pier, postage stamp beach and little shops, North Beach has become somewhat of a trendy destination and Neptune’s has risen to the challenge with many additions to the menu. I still think their Prince Edward Island mussels are the greatest (tender and sweet), and they offer five delectable choices of sauce – great for dipping the garlic toast in. Also among my favorites are the tempura tuna salad and the smoked blue fish with bagel crostini from the appetizer list. My son and I often stop in while riding our motorcycles down country lanes in the Land of Pleasant Living – we usually sit at the bar and share some appetizers chased down with a draft beer. From the entrees, I enjoyed the beer battered cod or the Kobe beef meatloaf, but will opt for the catch of the day grilled or blackened depending on my mood and the species offered. If you’re looking for a friendly little pub where you can get some good eats check out Neptune’s. Afterwards, you can shed the extra calories on the nearby boardwalk.

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Food & service were great. Small and pub-ish, I liked that there were non-fried seafood options. The mussels were great (a mountain of mussels!). The clams were really good (although a little small). The garlic bread was a win with everyone.