“Great for a beach fix close to DC”
Review of North Beach

North Beach
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was set on going to the beach, but only had a weekend free. All the major beaches, Rehoboth, Jersey, Ocean City, MD would take us over 2 hours to get to, and most hotels were either sold out, or cost over 300 dollars a night for something like a room at the holiday inn. North Beach was perfect for a quick beach fix. There are some cute shops and restaurants along the water. It IS pricy to get on the beach- but when you factor in travel time, proximity to home, and gas costs with what we would've spent to go to a larger beach for the day- it was reasonable. There is a municipal parking lot right on chesapeake road that is Free. We got a nice spot right near the water, and for the first 90 minutes, our kids7,4 and 3 just played in the sand and splashed in the water while my husband and I relaxed in beach chairs. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've done that. Then they played in the pirate ship for a while. It's a small beach- but it's nicely contained, so great if you have small kids. There is only one way in and out in the area we were sitting, and the water is calm and shallow. There were signs up warning of jellyfish- luckily no one got stung, but they do have vinegar there if you need it. I wish we had brought our bikes. There is a nice path next to the "boardwalk" that again, is great for families with small kids. It's only for bikes so you don't have to worry about your kids running people over, or getting run over by cars! If you like quaint beach towns- this is a good place to go.

3  Thank LovetoTrvl20

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were visiting Chesapeake Beach and wandered up to North Beach to check it out. I was wondering if I would bring my family for a day but not at those prices! Wow. Guess it's their strategy to keep the beach empty for residents. No thanks. The pier however seemed pretty nice. We might try to fish there sometime. It was 5 dollars per pole.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Nearly $50 for my young family of five to sit on your tiny beach and wade in your murky water? You've got to be kidding me! I agree with the previous poster that Chesapeake Beach clearly doesn't want to share their beaches with outsiders so they just jacked up the prices until we stopped coming. If I were a local business, I'd be furious. My family used to frequently drive down for the day, stop at one of the farm stands on the way into town, grab some sundries at the general store, spend the day at the beach, then grab dinner at Neptune's or a crab shack, and cap it off with ice cream cones. It made for a lovely day out. But with their new outrageous fees, we won't be coming anymore. Congratulations, CB: your evil plan worked. Let's just hope your local business survive all the solitude.

11  Thank Globe-toddling
Reviewed May 12, 2013

That's really what the town is telling us when they charge $12 per adult $8 per child between May and October just to step foot on their beach. Only North Beach residents are free. Even county residents are charged way too much.

The beach isn't even that big. There's plenty of parking though - because no one is willing to pay that kind of money to sit on a beach!!

Go somewhere else and save your money.

11  Thank brianbva
Reviewed January 18, 2013

the polar bear swim on news day always bring people out to watch people plunge in to the icy cold water

1  Thank gail t