“excellent loved The Yellow Turtle Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Seasons at Magnolia Manor
Ranked #2 of 2 New Windsor B&B and Inns
Maryland
“excellent loved The Yellow Turtle Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2006

I 'm still thinking about the stay at THE YELLOW TURTLE INN. It was a breath taking and amusing stay. THE YELLOW TURTLE INN was very enlightening and peaceful. The service was excellent and everyone there was friendly.. I recommend everyone tourist , and people that live in MD to go there...... I want to go back again next year in the spring and summer..... Thank you ma'am at THE TURTLE INN for your hospitality and peaceful home away from home R.A.C

• Liked — The space, theme, food, peace and quite
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Get that great 65 dollar message
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2004

My husband and I know the Yellow Turtle Inn quite well...especially since we were married there. From the hustle and bustle of city life it is almost like escaping into another dimension. The countryside is beautiful and the inn fits perfectly into that peaceful surrounding. I couldn't pick a favorite room if I tried - they all have tier own unique specialness, but I know my husband's favorite room is Joy's Whisper which looks out upon the gazebo we were married in. Joan the inkeeper is the perfect hostess and makes an absolutely amazing brunch. The check-in time is in the late afternoon allowing for wonderfully late checkouts as has always been my preference but never allowed elsewhere. It's a place you've got to see to really take in all the special things it has to offer.

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank Girlfriendal
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2003

My husband and I celebrated our 8th anniversary at the Yellow Turtle Inn this weekend. We splurged on the Queen's Sweet, which was amazing. When we walked into the room, the headboard was lit with little purple twinkly lights. My husband had a bouquet of roses waiting, as well as the tub full of balloons. It was really fun. There are lots of little touches in the room, like costumes (that you can try on), candles, inspiration books, and journals that really set the romantic and relaxing getaway mood. We didn't have tv, internet, or phone, but were never bored. The food was wonderful. We stayed for two nights and each morning had a fruit dish followed with a huge egg casserole dish and bacon. During the day and evening, there was hot apple cider, cookies, and a cake left out to snack on. We were always welcome to hang out in the parlors or front porch. The gardens are wonderful, too. There's a labyrinth on the corner of the grounds, and a gazebo lit with little lights. About 7 miles away is Westminster, and we went there for dinner both nights. Paradiso was yummy, but I'd recommend Fat Cat to everyone. Wow, what an amazing dinner, best meal I've had in a long time! I loved the eclectic, spiritual, romantic feel of the Yellow Turtle Inn and would recommend it to anybody who wants to reconnect with their spouse!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Silver Spring, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2003

My boyfriend and I booked a weekend getaway at the Yellow Turtle B&B in March 2003. The experience was lovely and we ended up wishing we could have stayed longer. We splurged on the "Queen's Sweet," one of the largest rooms, with two beds and a whirlpool bath. We also sprung for the romantic dinner for two the hostess offers--the food comes from a local Italian restaurant and is dee-lish! (She also offers a less expensive option--a "chicken bucket" meal from KFC) :)For a $20 fee, your hostess will leave a dozen fresh roses on the table for your arrival (my boyfriend also sprung for these...what a guy! :))The brunch was the real highlight of the visit. Our meal included a cantaloupe/strawberry dish appetizer, potatoes, bacon, and some kind of sausage omelette that was incredibly tasty. The Yellow Turtle Inn is a quirky little place. The rooms are decorated according to "themes"...the "queen's" room is decorated with costumes that the hostess makes for the Renaissance Fest. This room also has journals that guests can write in...including an "interactive story" journal about a fictional 15th century damsel. The hostess is pretty insistent that your visit be a true getaway from daily life....so, no TV, no internet, no phone in the room, etc. For an additional charge, you can get things like massages or "energy readings" if you're into that kind of thing.

• Stayed March 2003
Inn At Norwood
Inn At Norwood
#1 of 1 in Sykesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Frederick

Been to Seasons at Magnolia Manor? Share your experiences!