Seasons at Magnolia Manor
$76
Inn At Norwood(Sykesville)
$135
Orbitz.com
Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg(Emmitsburg)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
$129
Hampton.com
$99
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I attended my sisters wedding here recently and felt compelled to respond to some of the negative reviews on this site. As another reviewer noted this is a 200 year old farmhouse. For an inn and B&B it is exactly what you would expect. Joan is a gracious host and the included breakfast is quite filling.
As far as the rooms, I can offer you some advice. The Bishops Suite is much darker than the rest of the rooms, good for those looking to sleep in as you can adjust the heavy curtains to sleep as late as you want. There were stink bugs (they don't bite) on the sills, but again, its a farmhouse. The room was a little cluttered with knickknacks, but had a jacuzzi. Depends on your tastes, but you could either love this room or hate it. The Joys Whisper suite next door was light and airy, very clean, and perfect for a couple travelling alone. The Queens Suite was the largest of the bunch with the powder room having a daybed; helpful if you are travelling with children and value your alone time. Sweet Serenity and Angels Melody are connected by a hall and have 2 bathrooms between them. The rooms can be combined or separate and would be good for a family that wanted separate bedrooms. Angels Melody has only 1 bed, Serenity has 2. Please note that old houses can get drafty and chilly, they do have space heaters available on request. Hope this helps!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ApNp8
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've had some really great stays at B&B's....This wasn't one of them. The Inn looks nothing like the pictures. We almost missed it because the sign was overgrown with weeds. The walkways had weeds, sticks, loose pavers and a sagging front porch. The house was hot & stuffy, NO A/C on a very hot humid day. Our room had one of the beds in the bathroom making privacy impossible. There was no place to plug in a phone charger. Extension cords ran everywhere and were overloaded. Broken dusty items cluttered our room. No hand soap, bath salts or shampoo/conditioner. Dead bugs on the window sill. AVOID.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had a serene, restful stay at the Yellow Turtle after a death in my family. I highly recommend it to anyone seeking a quiet retreat. In response to one of the negative reviews, I can only say that it is an old, historic home, not an impersonal, sterile hotel. It was built almost 200 years ago, so travellers must expect some quirks. If the annoyed customer had taken the time to read the notice in the bath, she would have known that there is indeed shampoo, but in bar form. The Inn looks much better in person than in the photos. I loved it, and you will too!

Room Tip: The Queen Sweet has a delightful jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Mary T
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just a quick thank you to Joan for going the extra mile to make our stay at Yellow Turtle very enjoyable. I was traveling with my son to a lacrosse tournament and we found Yellow Turtle online WIth no idea what to expect, we were delighted with the service and beautiful surroundings. On top of an amazing offer by Joan to do a load of laundry for my son, I was treated to the best homemade pancakes and homemade syrup I have ever had. Yellow turtle is a relaxing, laid back treat off the beaten path and well worth the trip.

Lax Dad

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob R
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at the Yellow Turtle Inn in earyl May 2012. There were extension cords on the deck and in the room; there were cobwebs all over the space and as I was Lying in bed, I noticed them with all these dead bugs trapped in the cob webs.
In the bathroom there were bath salts, but no shampoo and conditioner.
I spoke to the Inn Keeper about the bugs and cob webs. She said that entire section of the country had a problem with "stink bugs" and even if they cleaned every day, they couldn't get rid of them and she was the sole proprietor of the property and there was only so much she could do. There were many nick-nacks everywhere and dust on most of them...not so good for my allergies.
The Inn Keeper did a nice job with breakfast and was willing to provide what ever I requested at any time; I didn't take advantage of this.

Room Tip: can't even recommend this Inn
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo