Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
$84
$90
$179
$152
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt(Greenbelt)(Great Value!)
$93
$271
$233
  • Restaurant
$101
All reviewsshuttle servicewashington dcfront desk staffschool tripfree shuttleredskins gamefree breakfasthot breakfastgeneral managercomfortable staylate at nightbeds were comfortablecarrolltonamtrakmarc
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was my second stay at Metro Points Hotel, and for the price, it is actually a pretty nice hotel. Everything seems to be kept up for the most part, and the customer service will make you feel like you're staying at a four-star hotel. The front desk staff was especially friendly. I was attending a conference at the National Harbor, and the gentleman at the front desk was extremely helpful in assisting me in determining which Metro station was the closest. The shuttle driver was also very friendly.

It seems like they have made improvements in the last couple of years, especially to the free wi-fi, which works perfectly now, and to the free breakfast, which wasn't bad at all. The neighborhood is bad, so relying on the Metro shuttle is your safest bet. My only real complaint is that the cable package could use an upgrade; the hotel doesn't even get a lot of basic channels, such as TBS and the Food Network. Overall, this really isn't a bad place to stay if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Kevbo1987
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Kevbo1987:
We want to thank you for your great comments about your stay. For the last 4 months we have been making so many improvements and for sure one the them was the wi-fi, we know how important it is for everyone to be able to access the internet without any issues. We will make sure we share your comments about our front desk associates that made you feel special. Our staff will be waiting for your return , if you have any questions you may contact me directly at (301) 3226720

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here two nights and found the hotel to be above our expectations! Everything from the pleasant staff, clean, upscale rooms, high quality food with moderate prices and generous portions, each time we came down to the lobby we were pleased! Wine was even priced to our liking and served in good sized wine glasses. Wait staff made us feel like a part of the Metro family.We felt very safe here though the area seemed a bit "sketchy". We will definitely consider staying here again! We felt we got our money's worth!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Javarain
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Javarain:
I am so happy yo hear you had a GREAT EXPERIENCE at Metro Points Hotel. I will be sure to share your kind words about our staff , and I hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I love the staff at this hotel they are really nice and professional. I've been staying at this hotel a number of times over the past three years. The hotel rooms are very clean and the staff amazing. The prices are reasonable reasonable and you're crazy if you don't love this hotel. The hotel manager is very responsive. I've had great experiences with the front desk manager Nora and the desk assistant lavier. This will always be my first choice hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest:
I am pleased to read your kind review and comments about our hotel. I want to personally thank you for considering our hotel your home away from home. We will always be waiting for your return at anytime, hopefully I can meet you in person during your next visit.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is not bad, the front desk staff does need to smile and be a bit more friendly, the rooms are nice and clean, plumbing is kinda old though. The shuttle to the metro station is a great plus and also breakfast. Make sure you go early to find a place to sit. There's a supermarket across the street and a few options for restaurants, i don't recommend adventuring yourself around at night. Overall, a pleasant stay!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest:
We are thrilled to know that your stay was very pleasant. We will make sure we share your comments with our team, so we can keep providing the best customer service to all our loyal guest. We will be waiting for your return. You may contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns at (301) 322-6720.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I recently had reservations to stay at this hotel and attend a New Year's Eve event. After checking in I heard that the new year eve event had been moved. I called the front desk, who confirmed that it was cancelled. I asked if I could get a refund. After I brief wait they said they would refund my money. Shortly thereafter the general manager called and rudely stated he wasn't refunding my money since I had been in the room over an hour. He said the front desk attendant stated she told me the event was cancelled. I stated she had not and that I only found out the event was cancelled when a friend told me. He was very confrontational and argumentative. When I arrived at the front desk one of the attendants said that they would refund my money and then said some smart remark about reading signs, while the general manager stood there quietly. What terrible customer service. Straight up ghetto. Stay clear of this place. All that glitters isn't gold.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Craig T
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I want to offer you my sincere apology for the event that was cancelled, our hotel is completely separate from all the events being booked, we have no control of the cancellations or changes to any of them . The planners were supposed to informed the attendees about the changes. We hope to see you again soon.