“Pretty Good, Great Value”

Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Carrollton
“Pretty Good, Great Value”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I booked through Hotels.com at the last minute due to bad weather being forecasted for the morning commute. The hotel was a very good value. The $50 deposit was expected. I am waiting for the return, but it's only been a couple of days. The only issues I had were minor things that needed some work (toilet paper holder falling out of the wall, tiles coming off of the wall around pipes, etc.), but they were in the process of renovating. The room was clean and comfortable... Very good for the price. If I needed to stay in this area again, I would come back.

• Stayed November 2013
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Valuable Guest:
On behalf of our team we thank you for staying with us and for sharing your honest review.
Please come back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Arrived to the news that I would be sleeping on a cot in the "Executive Suite" (a meeting room on the 10th floor) because Expedia had "overbooked" the hotel - not my problem! Their engineering team couldn't get my TV to work, and their wifi conked out after 15 minutes. Woke up to the worst shower pressure I've ever seen in the developed world, and skipped the free breakfast because I just wanted to get the hell away. Was told the operations manager was going to call me to make things right. Still waiting by the phone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MichaelCandelori
Dear Guest:
Please accept our apology regarding your stay with us. We will make sure we take the proper steps to fix these issues. Please contact me directly before your next visit so I can still accommodate as we agreed on our phone conversation last week.
Brisbane
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This place is only about 15 miles from DC so half an hour depending on the traffic. Certainly close enough as a base to get back into DC for a few days of sightseeing.

The rooms themselves are fine, modern enough and clean - I read this used to be a Sheraton Four Points so I guess they were refreshed during the changeover.

The breakfast was pretty good - the only issue being it was overcrowded and there simply wasn't a free seat in the house. Other than that - all was good and I'd certainly consider using this again for a DC base.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed everything, we will be waiting for your return
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I reserved two rooms for my daughter and her friends slumber party. OK when I arrived the front desk manager who was very fiesty and acted like she was "BETTER" asked me to make a deposit for $100 which was not informed to me on the website I went through to book at Hotelplanner.com the website had me thinking room reserved nothing else needed. Needless to say I made the deposit and the manager Ms. Larry assured me that their hotel did "reversals" at midnight daily and the funds would arrive the next day "depending on my bank" well 2 days went by no "reversal" I called Ms Larry and she seemd upset over the phone and repeated that line "our company made the reversal" I guarantee it's your bank but let me transfer you to accounting that when Mr. Rude Harold came on the line like he was trying to "check me" or something. He kept using the term "like I said" and "im not going to repeat her name like I said its Ms Larry" he was so rude and obnoxious and was so matter of fact that Ms Larry used the wrong term "reversal" we are going to cancel the transaction that take 3 days (big deal was his attitude). I wouldnt stay at that hotel again if somebody paid me. Customer Service is KEY and they dont have it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank marciewest
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Marcie West
Thank you for your feedback, we apologize for any miscommunication you may have encountered during your stay. Hotelplanner.com is managed by expedia and it clearly states that a deposit for incidentals need to be made before check-in time. When our guests use a bank issued credit or debit card it takes less time for the deposit to be credited back; since you used a prepaid card it takes a lot longer for your card entity to refund your money. That's why we encourage all our guests to use a credit card so the deposit can go back right away. Thank you for choosing. We will discuss this review with our team to ensure we communicate our policies better.
Rhode island
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Let me start of with telling all of the people who wrote negative reviews about this hotel. I'm not sure if you all are comparing a $89-$119 average hotel to a 4-5 star $159-$359 per night hotel. This hotel is a great hotel for the type of rates they offer as well as their complimentary services. I have stayed in many hotel, cheap and expensive and for a hotel like this, located in the area its located 15-30 mins from DC, you are definitely getting your money worth it. I went around the other hotels near by and they were horrible and old looking! This hotel by far is the best looking one among the others on the block, clean and their breakfast is great!The lobby has a modern edgy look, the rooms are modern and have dim lighting ( a plus because I hate rooms with bright lights) The staff is kind and friendly which is another plus! Overall I know what I was expecting (not the Ritz in DC) but something that was reasonable and confortable for the money I paid.

Cons: The exterior needs some inprovement, but I heard they are going to start some work soon (Thanks to the Shuttle Driver).

Room Tip: Make sure you call the hotel to make sure your reservation is accurate if you book it through a thir...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Valuable Guest:
On behalf of all my staff we want to thank you for choosing us during your stay and for sharing your honest feedback. We hope to lodge again soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Hotel is very reasonably priced, especially since its very near DC. Breakfast buffet in the morning was incredibly good. Hotel has a new lobby but the hallways and rooms are showing their age. Bed was ok but the sheets weren't fitted well and kept bunching up and coming off the bed all night which kept me awake. Pillow was also the flattest pillow I have seen in a long time. Didn't make for a good nights sleep. Staff was also very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Fernando B, Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest:
We just want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We work very hard to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay. We will be waiting for your return in the near future.
Vancouver
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good: Hotel cost significantly less than staying in Washington DC. Free shuttle to subway/rail station; Takes about 30 minutes to get to the National Mall. Rooms are clean, modern and superior bedding supplied. Breakfast also quite good...which includes real scramble eggs and sausages. Staff were friendly and helpful; Supermarket conveniently across the street.
Bad: Happy hour sliders is nothing more than small hamburger buns with reheated frozen patties cut in half and a slice of cheese (no sauce, no onions no tomato etc; Chicken wings is no better than the ones you can get across the street at 7-11 for half the cost. The internet signal poor...signal strength were either no service or one bar resulting in slow connection. Called front deck, they reset 3 times (no change), gave up calling; if you sit by the door (with the door open you get two bars). On 3 occasions, called for shuttle 10 minutes before scheduled pick up time and they were still were 20 minutes late. (hotel is only 5 minute drive away)

Room Tip: If internet is important to you....ask if you can get a room closest to the broadcasting router.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Valuable Guest:
Thank you for sharing your honest experience. We are extremely happy to know your stay was very pleasant and comfortable. We will make sure our IT company checks the internet signal to ensure we keep on providing the best experience to all our current and future guests. We hope to see you again soon and hopefully I get the opportunity to personally welcome you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Carrollton
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#2 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!