“Average hotel...no big deal!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Metro Points Hotel - Washington North

Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Carrollton
Toronto, Canada
“Average hotel...no big deal!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family experience at Metro Points Hotel was average. The bedrooms were not unclean or dirty but they were not incredibly clean. There was a proper smell in each bedroom. The bathrooms were good. The beds too. The only problem during the night was the noise in the halls and that was not exactly good. The hotel needs to be better cleaned overall. The doors are old and need some repairs. The breakfast was good and it helped for the long trip that we had in front of us. It is in a great location; very near the highway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Pascoal Rebecca

Thank you so much for your feedback. I want to personally offer you my apology if we didn't meet your expectations. We look forward to see you in the near future, you may contact me directly if you have any questions (301) 459-6700 ext 6100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Castle, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Upon arriving to the hotel the Front Desk Serviceman was kind and accommodating to my requests. However, when arriving to my room it looked very outdated and needed a lot of sprucing up. Waking up the next day to iron my clothes for a job interview I found out my iron was not working..at all. Now imagine being in a time constraint with a job interview in an hour and you can't iron the clothes you plan to wear for the interview. I tried calling the front desk three times and got a busy signal every time. The other phone in the room didn't work either. So I had to go down stairs after just showering with my clothes on from the day before to let the front desk know my iron wasn't working and I was met with an attitude by the front desk servicewoman. I asked when the iron would get to my room she says she can't give me a time frame but it will be there soon..and that helps me how? She did not even offer an apology. I wasn't going to bank on her information so since the housekeeper was cleaning a room across from mine I asked to borrow the iron in that hotel room--fortunately it worked so I wasn't late. But if you have somewhere you need to be at a certain time or just like good old solid hotel customer service DO NOT stay in this hotel. I repeat DO NOT stay in this hotel. You will want to leave as fast as you came.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Amaka A
Dear Amaka A.
Please accept my apology for the issues you encountered during your stay. This is not the type of service we strive for. We will make sure we address any issues immediately. Thank you for taking your time to let us know how felt while with us. Hope you can give us another opportunity to show you the type of service we provide to all our valuable guests. If you wish to contact me directly I will be waiting for your call. (301) 459-6700 ext 6100

Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at the Metro Points due to its proximity to the location of a training course (near the NEw Carrollton Metro Station). I could have stayed in DC and commuted but the hotel offered breakfast (very good!), WiFi and was close to restaurants, stores, etc. Lavier helped me during my first couple of days when I had a problem with my WiFi connection and TV service. The staff was very courteous and willing to answer all my questions I had about the local area (I was visiting from Europe). Looking forward to staying at the Metro during my next stay in the area.

Room Tip: WiFi signal is stronger the closer you are to the elevator area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rob H:
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to lodge you during your visit to the U.S.
We are thrilled to know that you found our hotel very comfortable and convenient.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future and hopefully I can thank you in person for such a great and honest review.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I am travelling with a car so was looking for something with free parking on the metro. This is a great place. About 30 minutes on the train to downtown Washington, there is free breakfast and the staff have been great. I booked for one night and ended up staying for the week!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear megantravels_13:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at Metro Points Hotel. I am thrilled by your kind remarks and sincerely appreciate them. Thank you for your recommendations. I would be delighted to welcome you back on your next visit and hopefully having the chance to meet you in person.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great hotel and it is not very expensive. The breakfast in the morning is more than you would expect (not just a continental with some bagels and juice) and the rooms are very nice.

Neighborhood is a little, shall we say, interesting, but I didn't feel unsafe.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you so much for sharing your great stay at Metro Points. We are very happy to know that you enjoy everything. We will be waiting for your return.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Cute lobby, very good value. Breakfast buffet was included with the rate. (Wish they could do it up to 10 am and not 9 am) 9 in the morning seems a little early to stop serving breakfast, most places serve breakfast at least until 10 am. Needless to say, because we are on vacation we missed breakfast. Waking up at 8 am seems pretty inconvenient to do (hotel) ask a vacationing guest to wake up so early. Check in was easy and hotel rep was very nice. Hotel room was "cute", it gave you the impression of a vintage boutique hotel. No complaints until I pulled back the sheets. The pillows were a little deflated. The sheets seemed too big for the bed, the elastic needed fixing so I found myself having to adjust one corner of the bed. My biggest complaint was the nasty polyester cheap "motel 3" blanket on the bed. I realize that this is a three star hotel, but almost all hotels in this star categories are going to cleaner duvet style comforters. I was so grossed out, I ended up sleeping with the thin sheet on top. I thought the rooms could have been cleaner. Lastly, in order to be fair the hotel had a very nice lobby area and you can't beat the location. (I95 is right there)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you taking the time to leave a feedback during your stay with us. Your comments are critical to improve our daily operations. Please accept my sincere apology for the minor but very important issues you encountered in your room. We will make sure we address them immediately. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice property. Stopped here for a quick overnight stop. Hotel was nice. Staff was friendly. Neighborhood is not the best. I would not suggest for anyone to venture out of the hotel at night alone (even to go to your car).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for giving us the opportunity to lodge you during your short trip, our neighborhood is very safe. We hope you give us another chance to show you the great service we provide along with the variety of places around our hotel such as Red lobster, Jerry's seafood, not to mentioned the diverse restaurants located in our own property.Once again thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Carrollton
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!