“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Carrollton
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great hotel and it is not very expensive. The breakfast in the morning is more than you would expect (not just a continental with some bagels and juice) and the rooms are very nice.

Neighborhood is a little, shall we say, interesting, but I didn't feel unsafe.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you so much for sharing your great stay at Metro Points. We are very happy to know that you enjoy everything. We will be waiting for your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Cute lobby, very good value. Breakfast buffet was included with the rate. (Wish they could do it up to 10 am and not 9 am) 9 in the morning seems a little early to stop serving breakfast, most places serve breakfast at least until 10 am. Needless to say, because we are on vacation we missed breakfast. Waking up at 8 am seems pretty inconvenient to do (hotel) ask a vacationing guest to wake up so early. Check in was easy and hotel rep was very nice. Hotel room was "cute", it gave you the impression of a vintage boutique hotel. No complaints until I pulled back the sheets. The pillows were a little deflated. The sheets seemed too big for the bed, the elastic needed fixing so I found myself having to adjust one corner of the bed. My biggest complaint was the nasty polyester cheap "motel 3" blanket on the bed. I realize that this is a three star hotel, but almost all hotels in this star categories are going to cleaner duvet style comforters. I was so grossed out, I ended up sleeping with the thin sheet on top. I thought the rooms could have been cleaner. Lastly, in order to be fair the hotel had a very nice lobby area and you can't beat the location. (I95 is right there)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you taking the time to leave a feedback during your stay with us. Your comments are critical to improve our daily operations. Please accept my sincere apology for the minor but very important issues you encountered in your room. We will make sure we address them immediately. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice property. Stopped here for a quick overnight stop. Hotel was nice. Staff was friendly. Neighborhood is not the best. I would not suggest for anyone to venture out of the hotel at night alone (even to go to your car).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for giving us the opportunity to lodge you during your short trip, our neighborhood is very safe. We hope you give us another chance to show you the great service we provide along with the variety of places around our hotel such as Red lobster, Jerry's seafood, not to mentioned the diverse restaurants located in our own property.Once again thank you for staying with us.
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Came into the city to Pick up the Kid from GU... Experienced at staying in the DC area many times... was Tardy getting my reservations made as I wasn't sure exactly how long we could stay and play Tourist after the Pick Up at the school... so... the Husband found this Hotel and I must say he choose well ! :) ...The Staff was Wonderful. The Convenience of the Hotel both for Driving into the City and the use of the awesome Shuttle Service to the Metro Station at New Carrollton was GREAT!!! The Free Parking at the Hotel a definite perk! The Hotel itself was very Nice and Modern Styled...Well restored and maintained! Clean... :) The Beds were way Comfortable! :) The Food was Good. Service and Amenities overall were just Tops! Highly Recomend this Fabulous Hotel. As for the Area around DC... New Carrollton, MD was Just Fine... Really Enjoyed our extended stay in the Washington DC area Here At Metro Points... Thanks Y'all!
and Book this Place for a Excellent Stay... :) <3 ...and Shout out to the staff, They Handled many late night check-ins Well... I was one...and I witnessed several large group check-Ins late at night during my stay...and They handled it well under pressure from what I saw! Good Job!
Best to You All...

1 Thank KGGL
Dear Guest: Thank you so much for sharing your honest review with all of us. We are very happy to know your stay was very comfortable and enjoyable. We will share it with all our team members so we can continue with our great customer service. We hope to see you many times in the near future.
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We booked the hotel early, had a room on an upper floor, was quiet, clean, you could tell it was an older hotel at one time. It is easy to get to and from, right off two major highways. Parking late at night might be a challenge on weekend due to event and out of town tourists.

1 Thank hank505
Valuable Guest: We thank you for choosing Metro Points Hotel during your visit from Massachusetts. we always try to make sure all our guests receive a high quality service, we will be waiting for your return.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel at around 2am because of the flight delay. I called the hotel to let them know about my late check-in in advance, they assured me there's no problem. When I arrived, the front desk clerk couldn't find my reservation made via booking.com. Then he found the print-out of my reservation, that they FORGOT to put into their system. Then he tried to charge the credit card that I used for booking, with no luck. He spent at least half an hour on the phone with the bank or something, but it didn't help. Then he tried my other card with no luck as well. Finally, I had to LEAVE the hotel at about 3am after my 24-hour flight, absolutely exhausted, to find the other place to stay, because of the guy at the reception who do not know how to charge credit cards. Needless to say, that my both cards are ok, I charged them afterwards.

Stayed June 2013
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest: I am deeply sorry to hear about your experience with us during your late arrival. Please accept my apology on behalf of my staff. We will make sure the proper departments look into this issue with the credit card machine to avoid any future incidents with other valuable guests.
We hope you give us another opportunity to show you the type of service we strive for.
You are more than welcome to contact me directly at ext. 6107
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just got back from a 4 night stay in DC at the Metro Points Hotel. We chose this hotel as it was reasonably priced and had a free hot breakfast, free parking and a free shuttle to the metro station. The front desk staff checked us in quickly and were always pleasant, readily answering all our questions. The room was clean, the beds firm however the pillows were super soft and provided no head/neck support at all. The bathroom was also very clean although it was a tired and could do with being refurbished.
The hotel shuttle runs to the metro on the hour and 30 minutes past. On the return trip to the hotel you must call the hotel to request a pick up. Once requested, the shuttle will pick you up 10 minutes and 40 minutes past the hour.
The breakfast was great every day - scrambled eggs, pancake or waffle or french toast (it changed daily), sausage, grits, breakfast potatoes. Toast, fruit and cereal were also available, as was juice and tea or coffee. There is a Starbucks across the street also.
The hotel is right off I-495 so there was quite a bit of traffic noise, especially as there was construction underway on the road to the side of the hotel. Obviously this will only be temporary though. All in all we would recommend this hotel for it's convenience, customer service and free extras.
** If you plan to visit Six Flags while you are here, you can buy Six Flags tickets in the lobby for $34.99 each, also if you book this hotel through the Six Flags website it is quite a bit cheaper than the other sites we checked.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel (even room numbers I think).