“Nice property. Easy access to highways. Friendly staff”

Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Carrollton
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice property. Stopped here for a quick overnight stop. Hotel was nice. Staff was friendly. Neighborhood is not the best. I would not suggest for anyone to venture out of the hotel at night alone (even to go to your car).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest: Thank you for giving us the opportunity to lodge you during your short trip, our neighborhood is very safe. We hope you give us another chance to show you the great service we provide along with the variety of places around our hotel such as Red lobster, Jerry's seafood, not to mentioned the diverse restaurants located in our own property.Once again thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Metro Points Hotel - Washington North

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Came into the city to Pick up the Kid from GU... Experienced at staying in the DC area many times... was Tardy getting my reservations made as I wasn't sure exactly how long we could stay and play Tourist after the Pick Up at the school... so... the Husband found this Hotel and I must say he choose well ! :) ...The Staff was Wonderful. The Convenience of the Hotel both for Driving into the City and the use of the awesome Shuttle Service to the Metro Station at New Carrollton was GREAT!!! The Free Parking at the Hotel a definite perk! The Hotel itself was very Nice and Modern Styled...Well restored and maintained! Clean... :) The Beds were way Comfortable! :) The Food was Good. Service and Amenities overall were just Tops! Highly Recomend this Fabulous Hotel. As for the Area around DC... New Carrollton, MD was Just Fine... Really Enjoyed our extended stay in the Washington DC area Here At Metro Points... Thanks Y'all!
and Book this Place for a Excellent Stay... :) <3 ...and Shout out to the staff, They Handled many late night check-ins Well... I was one...and I witnessed several large group check-Ins late at night during my stay...and They handled it well under pressure from what I saw! Good Job!
Best to You All...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KGGL

Dear Guest: Thank you so much for sharing your honest review with all of us. We are very happy to know your stay was very comfortable and enjoyable. We will share it with all our team members so we can continue with our great customer service. We hope to see you many times in the near future.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We booked the hotel early, had a room on an upper floor, was quiet, clean, you could tell it was an older hotel at one time. It is easy to get to and from, right off two major highways. Parking late at night might be a challenge on weekend due to event and out of town tourists.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hank505

Valuable Guest: We thank you for choosing Metro Points Hotel during your visit from Massachusetts. we always try to make sure all our guests receive a high quality service, we will be waiting for your return.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel at around 2am because of the flight delay. I called the hotel to let them know about my late check-in in advance, they assured me there's no problem. When I arrived, the front desk clerk couldn't find my reservation made via booking.com. Then he found the print-out of my reservation, that they FORGOT to put into their system. Then he tried to charge the credit card that I used for booking, with no luck. He spent at least half an hour on the phone with the bank or something, but it didn't help. Then he tried my other card with no luck as well. Finally, I had to LEAVE the hotel at about 3am after my 24-hour flight, absolutely exhausted, to find the other place to stay, because of the guy at the reception who do not know how to charge credit cards. Needless to say, that my both cards are ok, I charged them afterwards.

Stayed: June 2013
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest: I am deeply sorry to hear about your experience with us during your late arrival. Please accept my apology on behalf of my staff. We will make sure the proper departments look into this issue with the credit card machine to avoid any future incidents with other valuable guests.
We hope you give us another opportunity to show you the type of service we strive for.
You are more than welcome to contact me directly at ext. 6107

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just got back from a 4 night stay in DC at the Metro Points Hotel. We chose this hotel as it was reasonably priced and had a free hot breakfast, free parking and a free shuttle to the metro station. The front desk staff checked us in quickly and were always pleasant, readily answering all our questions. The room was clean, the beds firm however the pillows were super soft and provided no head/neck support at all. The bathroom was also very clean although it was a tired and could do with being refurbished.
The hotel shuttle runs to the metro on the hour and 30 minutes past. On the return trip to the hotel you must call the hotel to request a pick up. Once requested, the shuttle will pick you up 10 minutes and 40 minutes past the hour.
The breakfast was great every day - scrambled eggs, pancake or waffle or french toast (it changed daily), sausage, grits, breakfast potatoes. Toast, fruit and cereal were also available, as was juice and tea or coffee. There is a Starbucks across the street also.
The hotel is right off I-495 so there was quite a bit of traffic noise, especially as there was construction underway on the road to the side of the hotel. Obviously this will only be temporary though. All in all we would recommend this hotel for it's convenience, customer service and free extras.
** If you plan to visit Six Flags while you are here, you can buy Six Flags tickets in the lobby for $34.99 each, also if you book this hotel through the Six Flags website it is quite a bit cheaper than the other sites we checked.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel (even room numbers I think).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Luv2TrvlLots

Dear Guest: We are very happy to know your stay just one of a kind. We work very hard to provide the best customer service to all our loyal guests. We hope to see you in the near future many times. We thank you for choosing Metro Points Hotel.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We got there to early to check in but we were told we could eat breakfast there. We did and later went to see some sights in DC. The shuttle services were absolutely great! We really enjoyed "Happy Hour" on Thursday with "KOSMO" the DJ. He played some good old school music and we loved it!!! The room was really nice, food was good, front desk employees were really nice too. We will be returning to this hotel and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Bink123-4
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest: We are thrilled to know you had such an amazing experience while with us.
We hope to see you many times in the near future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Because of reviews I stayed here, when you see #1 in a town, sometimes u have to see if a #2 exists? Before you book, it was clean I can say that, paid $87, honestly don't believe it was worth it. Old furnishings, 1st room was like in a hole , when you looked out window it was a concrete wall, with garbage. Couldn't see outside. We moved near elevator , there was a view, of the outside)furnishings and carpet was worn badly, staff at front desk , not that helpful or friendly. It seems u have to pay for a view (of what?) and frig and microwave although when u book it states it comes included.the AC was a single wall unit almost impossible for climate control, no I would never stay here again and would not recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank hiker6
Fernando B, General Manager at Metro Points Hotel - Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest: Please accept my apologies regarding your stay, this is not the type of service we strive for. We will make sure we take the proper steps to address these issues. I hope you will give us another opportunity to lodge you in the near future. If you decide to stay with us please contact me directly at extension 6100 so I can ensure your stay will be comfortable and pleasant like we always do with our valuable guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Carrollton
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#2 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!