I stayed at the metro points hotel for a day trip to visit UDC's speech-language pathology program. Before arriving at the hotel, I read the many bad reviews and contemplated cancelling my reservation.
I am SO glad I did not cancel! I can agree with certain aspects of the bad reviews like:
-lumpy floor (squeaky hard wood too)
-paint peeling bathtub
-ceiling leaked and was uneven on 10th floor (my own observation)
BUT the shuttle was convenient, free, and prompt. The shuttle driver was very nice and personable. The breakfast buffet was an actual buffet with good food offerings, and it was FREE. I was surprised by the buffet since I had read so many reviews about how terrible it was. We had a king room, which wasn't anything spectacular but it was not THE worst. It was sufficient and more than I expected for the price I paid. I loved that the room included a table and chair that can be pulled out from the "entertainment center" (for lack of better words), which really worked out well for me because I needed to complete some school work during my trip. The Happy Hour was great! They offered free h'orderves, $3 bottom shelf drinks, $5 premium drinks, 5 wings for $3, and $3 cheeseburger sliders. I took full advantage of the happy hour and really enjoyed myself!
I only had one issue, which could have been a huge damper on my day trip if I did not have a positive attitude. I booked the hotel on Expedia's "daily deal" and chose to pay at check-in versus paying online at the time I made the reservation. After traveling on a 7-hour delayed train, we didn't check-in until after midnight. So needless to say I was just ready to lay down when we finally arrived. I checked my account when I got to my room because I realized I didn't see any amount I was being charged on the forms I signed. I was supposed to be charged $172, but there was a hold on my account for $434! Huge difference. I immediately called the front desk and explained there must have been a mistake. The night auditor acknowledged that I had been charged incorrectly but said he couldn't correct it himself, his manager could but she wouldn't be in until 7am. I slept on it and went straight to the desk at 7:00 on the dot, only to be told by the manager that the night auditor had corrected the issue himself and the money would show up in my account the same day. At about 12pm, the money still was not back on my account so I called the front desk again and was told it was a security deposit that would not come off until I checked out. I knew this was incorrect, and had her transfer me to someone in accounting. I spoke with Harold in accounting several different times while I was out and about in the city. Basically, I got the run-around but when I got back to the hotel Harold invited me into his office and resolved the issue right then. I was pleased with the end result, but would have loved if the process of getting my refund was much easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North, is the ideal full service hotel for individuals or groups looking to visit the Washington, DC Metro area…without having to pay the high rates of Washington, DC. New boutique style public spaces & guest rooms will wow you as you walk in through our front doors. Located about ¼ mile from the New Carrollton METRO station, giving you access to Washington, DC and other DC areas within minutes, without the hassle of the traffic and parking nightmares. Free automobile as well as bus parking on the premises. Our guestrooms at Metro Points Hotel-Washington North feature 32-inch LCD TVs with satellite channels and pay movies, as well as desks with ergonomic chairs. All guest rooms also have safes to accommodate laptops, coffee/tea makers, and wireless high speed internet access is complimentary. The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is a part of a new development that has a shopping center with a verity of food outlets like IHOP®, Five Guys Burgers®, Starbucks®, and more. Without the worries of high franchise fees from a major hotel chain, the Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is able to offer you low rates and a commitment to focus on the services and quality that you would appreciate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Metro Points Hotel - Washington North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points New Carrollton
- Sheraton New Carrollton
- New Carrollton Four Points
- New Carrollton Sheraton