I had a last-minute trip to New Carrollton and had little time to book a hotel for 1 night. The photos of the hotel seemed nice enough and the free full breakfast was a plus. I arrived @ appx. 1:30pm but knew checkin was at 3pm. There was no spare room even to get dressed to attend a wake. I returned to the hotel at approx. 9:30pm and went to the room. Upon entering the room, there was a stale "smell", difficult to explain, sort of unclean. The tub had stains, the shower head and chrome water spout was dingy full of the soap residue scum. The wall paper was peeling off in the bathroom near the shower. The tv cabinet had seen better days.
I could tell there was an attempt at modernizing the hotel; however, this was done cosmetically and cheaply -- it shows. I had to be up early morning for the funeral. I got up at 5:30 am and dressed. Breakfast is served from 7 to 9:30 am. I went down to get a quick breakfast at 7:45 as I was going to be picked up at 8. The dining room is very small and it was chock full of people who were forming long lines, all the tables were full, the people were hovering over the food and it was chaotic. I decided breakfast was no longer a priority and left rather quickly -- glad to escape from such mayhem.
In all fairness, I must confess I am accustomed to staying at the Marriotts and their secondary properties but decided to give this one a try since it was for 1 night only. The Residence and Fairfield Inns, both properties of Marriott and of a similar level to Metro Points, are two hotels the Metro Point could learn a thing or two from. It lacks organization and planning.
The one good thing about Metro Points were the FRONT DESK employees who were courteous and efficient -- they performed as well could be expected under the circumstances. I feel sorry for them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North, is the ideal full service hotel for individuals or groups looking to visit the Washington, DC Metro area…without having to pay the high rates of Washington, DC. New boutique style public spaces & guest rooms will wow you as you walk in through our front doors. Located about ¼ mile from the New Carrollton METRO station, giving you access to Washington, DC and other DC areas within minutes, without the hassle of the traffic and parking nightmares. Free automobile as well as bus parking on the premises. Our guestrooms at Metro Points Hotel-Washington North feature 32-inch LCD TVs with satellite channels and pay movies, as well as desks with ergonomic chairs. All guest rooms also have safes to accommodate laptops, coffee/tea makers, and wireless high speed internet access is complimentary. The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is a part of a new development that has a shopping center with a verity of food outlets like IHOP®, Five Guys Burgers®, Starbucks®, and more. Without the worries of high franchise fees from a major hotel chain, the Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is able to offer you low rates and a commitment to focus on the services and quality that you would appreciate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Metro Points Hotel - Washington North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points New Carrollton
- Sheraton New Carrollton
- New Carrollton Four Points
- New Carrollton Sheraton