New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Carrollton
Clayton, North Carolina
“Stayed Christmas 2012”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Visited the DMV for Christmas. We decided to stay here since they were running a special. We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights.
FIRST IMPRESSION: When we drove up to the hotel, I was uncertain that I would be comfortable. The exterior is dated. Once in the lobby, I was surprised to see how elegant and updated it looked. My hopes of a comfortable stay went up.! Our room appeared to have been updated with a wall-unit and flat screen TV.
POSITIVE: We shopped while visiting and left gifts in the room while out and nothing was touched. Appreciated the "do not disturb rule". Also has in-room safe, which we used. They have a Bar and the service was great!
DISLIKES: They gave us a room with a joining door (hate rooms like that). They said that there where no other rooms available. The bathroom looked updated by the lowest bidder. It took at least 10mins for the water to get hot. The shower faucet was not well mounted to the wall. There was no place to hang a towel or bathrobe so we had to put an ottoman in there. The microwave and fridge was an extra $10 a night.
CLEANLINESS: Purchased Clorox wipes, didn't feel comfortable touching anything in the bathroom. One of the large bed pillows had a fresh blood stain. Gave it to the housekeeper and she replaced the cover...WOW.. No one bothered changing them!!!
FOOD: Liked that they served a full breakfast. Everyday was something different. Nothing fancy. Would have liked more healthy choices like fruit, oatmeal and yogurt.

Room Tip: No good views. Located near shopping center and Highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank avirtuouslady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
annandale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

First, off let me just say that the staff were wonderful to me and my husband we enjoyed their helpful, and amazing attitude when we first walked in the door. The two ladies at the front desk, Delena and Noria were so delightful when we first stepped in the hotel, giving us alot of information about the Dc area were me and my husband wanted to site see. Delena was very sweet and helpful form printing our tickets for the site seeing tour in Dc, and giving us great direction to get to the metro station.
The room was very nice and clean with a great view of the area, the only thing i would say was that the guest next door was VERY loud, but we slept good through out the night. Breakfast was ok, wish they have served meat in the dining area, But my over all stay was very good with the price i got, and will be coming back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had the absolute pleasure of having my Semi-formal (black & White attire Only) event a the Metro Point Hotel. It was an awesome experience from beginning to end. The Sales Manager Kevin Beard was very professional, personalable, and totally knowledgeable with every aspect of his responsibilities to me. The facility was clean, the staff was helpful and courteous at all times. The banquet room was set-up in a timely manner and it was exceptionally clean and set-up beautifully. The menu was baked chicken, grilled salmon w/dill & mustard sauce, Herb rice, green beans, potatoes, salad and rolls. All of the food was good. Especially the salmom. I highly recommend this facility to anyone in the area or coming into the area. It's very cost effective and managable. They really work with you and your needs. GIve it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I had a suite and I was very happy with it. It could of had more drawer space, but that's it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Calencia B
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

In July 2012, we had our family reunion in the Washington, DC area. I searched hotels and decided to use Metro Points. I made an excellent choice because the rooms were very nice, the banquet faciltiy and food were excellent, and all of the staff were great. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone for the price you will pay for the great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LaMont J
Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a VERY nice hotel. It’s CLEAN and CONFORTATBLE. The service was very professional & obliging. The staff at the front desk was friendly and went out of their way to assist me.
My room was nice. The beds were very comfortable. The amenities were perfect for my needs. The bathroom felt HUGE for a hotel. I didn’t feel cramped at all. It was also bright.
The housekeeping staff did a fine job at keeping me stocked with fresh towels and supplies for the tiny in-room coffee maker. The hallways & lobby were clean, well-lit and spacious. I used the complimentary ‘business center’ to print my return plane boarding passes with ease (at no cost).
The Metro Points offered a complimentary shuttle to/from the close-by metro. This was very handy for sight-seeing.
Excellent value—reasonable rates.
(better value & as nice or nicer than the 'luxury' hotel i stay in while in the area last year)
I will DEFINITELY stay there again when I return.

Room Tip: You may want to ask about the view. Mine was of the air conditioning system. that didn't bother...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was unsure on how good this hotel was going to be after reading some negative comments on this website but I am glad I ignored them! I can honestly say this was by some margin the best hotel that I stayed in during my US holiday a few weeks ago (and I stayed in three other places). The hotel and the room I stayed in were modern and clean, the staff were excellent and it had all the facilities that you need for a great stay. I would advise anyone who wishes to visit DC not to spend big money at a downtown hotel but save money by staying at this place. There are lots of places to eat nearby though the hotel does provide a decent burger

However I do agree with the Bis+Chris review about the behaviour of some of the guests during breakfast!

Special thanks to the manager, Lavier on the front desk and the shuttle driver Sam

The next time I go to Washington I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sean A
Edgewood, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon. Overall it was a great experience, there is really nothing to complain about at all. Checking in was simple and fast and the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly. Our room was very clean and just like the description on the website stated, even the lobby looked the photo!!

We spent most of our trip out and about but the time we did stay in our room we had an enjoyable and comfortable visit. The free breakfast buffet was your basic breakfast foods, and had some tasty cheesy eggs :] There was a shuttle available to use but we opted to use our rental car. Along with the buffet and shuttle there was also a business center w. a computer and fitness center available for use.

Also the manager was very friendly, he always said hello when we passed by and even made casual conversation with my husband!

Room Tip: There is a busy thru street right next door, if noise bothers you; you may want to request a room aw...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Carrollton
BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway

Been to Metro Points Hotel - Washington North? Share your experiences!