Visited the DMV for Christmas. We decided to stay here since they were running a special. We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights.
FIRST IMPRESSION: When we drove up to the hotel, I was uncertain that I would be comfortable. The exterior is dated. Once in the lobby, I was surprised to see how elegant and updated it looked. My hopes of a comfortable stay went up.! Our room appeared to have been updated with a wall-unit and flat screen TV.
POSITIVE: We shopped while visiting and left gifts in the room while out and nothing was touched. Appreciated the "do not disturb rule". Also has in-room safe, which we used. They have a Bar and the service was great!
DISLIKES: They gave us a room with a joining door (hate rooms like that). They said that there where no other rooms available. The bathroom looked updated by the lowest bidder. It took at least 10mins for the water to get hot. The shower faucet was not well mounted to the wall. There was no place to hang a towel or bathrobe so we had to put an ottoman in there. The microwave and fridge was an extra $10 a night.
CLEANLINESS: Purchased Clorox wipes, didn't feel comfortable touching anything in the bathroom. One of the large bed pillows had a fresh blood stain. Gave it to the housekeeper and she replaced the cover...WOW.. No one bothered changing them!!!
FOOD: Liked that they served a full breakfast. Everyday was something different. Nothing fancy. Would have liked more healthy choices like fruit, oatmeal and yogurt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North, is the ideal full service hotel for individuals or groups looking to visit the Washington, DC Metro area…without having to pay the high rates of Washington, DC. New boutique style public spaces & guest rooms will wow you as you walk in through our front doors. Located about ¼ mile from the New Carrollton METRO station, giving you access to Washington, DC and other DC areas within minutes, without the hassle of the traffic and parking nightmares. Free automobile as well as bus parking on the premises. Our guestrooms at Metro Points Hotel-Washington North feature 32-inch LCD TVs with satellite channels and pay movies, as well as desks with ergonomic chairs. All guest rooms also have safes to accommodate laptops, coffee/tea makers, and wireless high speed internet access is complimentary. The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is a part of a new development that has a shopping center with a verity of food outlets like IHOP®, Five Guys Burgers®, Starbucks®, and more. Without the worries of high franchise fees from a major hotel chain, the Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is able to offer you low rates and a commitment to focus on the services and quality that you would appreciate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Metro Points Hotel - Washington North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points New Carrollton
- Sheraton New Carrollton
- New Carrollton Four Points
- New Carrollton Sheraton