We have just stayed 4 nights on holiday at Metro Points Hotel. On arrival I asked if our room was facing the highway as I had read reviews it was noisy..I was immediately moved to a quiet room over the car park without any fuss. I requested a refrigerator on check in and it arrived with microwave about 3 mins after we got to our room. The room was a good size, 2 double beds which slept 4 of us ( 2 teens ) we requested extra pillows and again they were delivered swiftly. Unfortunately our phone was broken but we were offered another room which we decided not to take as we had unpacked and rarely use a phone. A couple of the electric sockets were also broken but again there were plenty more so no need to move room. Breakfast was not so good, very simple with little choice and a long queue and a sign saying no take out- there was nothing you could take out, no fruit, yoghurts , cakes or pastries! just porridge , scrambled eggs, toast and cereal . We chose this hotel mainly for position near the Metro and the complimentary shuttle but when we learned it could cost $6 each way into DC Mall, that would be $ 48 return for the 4 of us so we took the car in and paid the $2 per hour on a meter, so a good saving there. Room wifi ok, a little slow at times. Plenty of free car parking and places to eat and food store all walking distance.
Overall the hotel is a little tired, but at the August offer we just paid £41 per night, it worked for us and I would stay there again at that rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North, is the ideal full service hotel for individuals or groups looking to visit the Washington, DC Metro area…without having to pay the high rates of Washington, DC. New boutique style public spaces & guest rooms will wow you as you walk in through our front doors. Located about ¼ mile from the New Carrollton METRO station, giving you access to Washington, DC and other DC areas within minutes, without the hassle of the traffic and parking nightmares. Free automobile as well as bus parking on the premises. Our guestrooms at Metro Points Hotel-Washington North feature 32-inch LCD TVs with satellite channels and pay movies, as well as desks with ergonomic chairs. All guest rooms also have safes to accommodate laptops, coffee/tea makers, and wireless high speed internet access is complimentary. The Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is a part of a new development that has a shopping center with a verity of food outlets like IHOP®, Five Guys Burgers®, Starbucks®, and more. Without the worries of high franchise fees from a major hotel chain, the Metro Points Hotel-Washington North is able to offer you low rates and a commitment to focus on the services and quality that you would appreciate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Metro Points Hotel - Washington North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points New Carrollton
- Sheraton New Carrollton
- New Carrollton Sheraton
- New Carrollton Four Points