“Call Ahead for hours”
Review of Elk Run Vineyards

Elk Run Vineyards
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Mount Airy
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I enjoyed all six wines in that I tasted (I thought five dollars was a bargain for six two ounce tastes). The parking is easy. Three of the six wines were quite sweet, which did not appeal to all in our group. Otherwise I would ditto the comments made by other reviews on yelp: the indoor space for tasting is not appealing, staff is indifferent. Most importantly, CALL AHEAD for hours. The brochure from the Frederick tourist center said the winery was open on Saturday until 6 PM. We arrived at 4:20 and were served. Eight more customers arrived shortly afterwards (4:40 and 4:45) and were turned away. Apparently the last tasting was at 4:30 PM that day. I would come again but with lower expectations.

1  Thank mcc1Maryland

Reviewed October 7, 2012

A small vineyard, we were sad that the cafe/gift shop was so small. I'd be afraid to visit when it is crowded on a not so pretty day. However, when it is pretty (luckily been there on two pretty days), they have a nice grounds with which you can throw down a blanket or sit at a picnic table. The staff are all friendly and willing to talk about the wine. A very homey, comfy feel.

1  Thank Lorena G