“pretty good bbq, not nc”

CarterQue Barbeque & Grilling Co.
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the pulled pork and smoked chicken here. They don't seem to have an NC-style vinegar and pepper sauce, and the four sauces I sampled are all sweet. Adding the juice of a piece of lemon helped. We got there about 5:45 and didn't have to wait. By 6:10, the place was full. The cornbread is like cake. The hushpuppies are very savory and good. The cole slaw has mayo but tastes good and is helped by a squirt of lemon. The service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The food is average. It's not the best BBQ I've ever had, but it's not the worst either. It's just ok nothing special. Always have good service and the restaurant is clean and always has a good enviting atmosphere.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I always get pulled pork BrBQ. The last time, it had a lot of fat in it. I have had their BarBQ at a catered function & it was quite good.

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

A small rundown place on the side of the road is where you normally find food like this.

Carter's Cue is absolutely the best BBQ I have ever had. The signature sauce and cooked to perfection meat is always perfect. The great sides just add to the perfection.

If you are ever in the area you must go here.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We pulled off I70 between Baltimore and Hagerstown looking for a local place to eat lunch and came upon Carter Que. parking lot was packed at 1 pm on Saturday. We ate at the bar as tables were full. We had the pulled pork and a brisket sandwich. Both were excellent...especially with their homemade raspberry BBQ sauce. Would stop back in a minute if in the area again.