“Upscale food in Mt Airy”

Brick Ridge Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped here after a round of golf close by. The service was great and the food was very good. A little more upscale than we were expecting after golf, but proved to be very casual too.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (187)

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

Food was ok, service was ok, bottled drinks were ok, mixed drinks, not so much. 3 of 4 dinners were good, but probably should be excellent as it’s on the pricey side. Polenta was bland.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

My wife and I went her for our anniversary dinner. I had driven past this place for years. We sat out on the patio which was very nice despite some road noise. The food was great. My wife had the cream of crab and I had the charcuterie board. Both were excellent. My wife had the eggplant fettuccine. I had the ribeye. I must admit this one of the best steaks I had in a long time. We had some wine which was great. We then had the creme brulee which was also good. The price for dinner was not bad at all. They even gave us a glass of sparkling wine given it was a our anniversary.

2  Thank Ken V
Reviewed September 1, 2019

We made a reservation at brick ridge to celebrate our anniversary. Was expecting an above average dining experience. The food was good not great but the service was definitely sub par. We arrived on time for our reservation the Hostess proceeded to take a phone call for several minutes before seating us. Once seated we sat there for 10 minutes before a server appeared and offered to get us a drink. We almost walked out but a server finally appeared. They were out of the Lamb shank which is what i wanted to order. Instead i got the short rib which was tasty but not great. My wife ordered the crab cakes - they had alot of crab but not alot of flavor - could have used some more seasoning. The dessert was a desaster - 2 peices of pound cake served over what i think was mashed OREOs with a scoop of lemon sorbet - no sauce of any kind - it was difficult to eat withour making a mess - would have been better with Vanilla Ice cream but i think they were out of that also. The buliding is very nice, cool outside area - but they need to improve the attention to service and food quality - Don't think we will return any time soon

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

Brick Ridge is billed as a high-end dining experience in Mount Airy, but it isn’t really close to that in experience. The areas it falls short in include: food quality, taste, ambiance, and customer experience. The Texas specials this week are sub-par, with a good truck in DC providing better chicken tacos than the cold tortilla with an exceedingly small portion of a gamey smelling cold chicken inside that I received without any other accoutrement. Three of these barely consumable tacos for $11. The brisket was fatty, fast cooked and therefore thin sliced, and smothered with cheese so you couldn’t tell the meat wasn’t well smoked. The salad dressing was all on two leafs, and the rest of the salad was sparse, like out of a bag of spring mix. The food was substandard for what the Ridge wants to sell it for and portray itself as. The dining experience is mixed. There are two seating areas. Maybe the other area is for the suit crowd, but t-shirts and shorts worn by customers in our dining area when we were in dress clothes for a special birthday brought the place down. $60 for two without any alcohol in T-shirt and clean simple room ambience is a mismatch. Lastly, fine establishments ask if there’s a event the customers are recognizing when reservations are set. Not here. The wait service was ok, and three meals came in close enough succession. The fourth for our birthday guest came nearly six minutes later. Too long. In summary, I wouldn’t go again unless asked to join people we dearly enjoy as was the case. The food, lack of ambience, and so so customer service don’t justify the price. Look elsewhere.

Date of visit: August 2019