“An unexpected delight.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We happened on the Brick Ridge as we were planning to stop for dinner after a long days drive from North Carolina. We wanted to avoid Baltimore beltway traffic heading east to I95 at around 6PM on a Thursday. We found this restaurant in the AAA Maryland Guide book and honestly were not expecting the great meal we had.
The room in which we were seated was cozy and well appointed. The service was terrific. My wife would not let me order wine as i was driving and we had been on the road about 8 hours. I did have a sip or two of her Pinot Noir which was tasty.
The small house salads included with the main dishes were very good.
She had Lamb Chops which were prepared to perfection and the side vegetables were wonderful.
I had the pecan glazed salmon and it also was a great meal. I was not sure about the sauce mentioned on the menu but it was served off to the side and did not drench the salmon. The flavor was delicate and the fish was cooked to perfection.
The owner circulated the dining room and was a gracious and likeable host.
Our waitress was attentive and friendly.
My wife had decaf coffee and mentioned how much she liked it and the owner told her it was a local coffee roaster and he gave her a sample of ground coffee to take home.
We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We live in the area and dine at the Brick Ridge often and have been for many years. The service is great, the ambiance is wonderful, and it is American food....something almost impossible to find other than fast food. I still dream about the venison wrapped in a crust with a wild game gravy on "Idaho Night." I've eaten a lot of venison, and this was without a doubt the best I have ever had. We have also had Brick Ridge cater several events at our home and our guests have always been awed by the food and the service. So much so that they will be catering our Niece's wedding in April.

I've dined all over the world in some marvelous places. The Brick Ridge could stand up to any of them.....with a more personal touch.

1  Thank Steve G
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We arrived on time with reservation at 6:45pm for my wife's birthday. Then we waited several minutes and no hostess but a waitress acting as hostess finally seated us in what was not what I'd call busy. Later, our waitress greeted us and got the drink order wrong. She came back took our appetizer and meal order and got the appetizer order wrong. We didn't see bread on the table until after a long wait and then another long wait our appetizers (Soup and hush puppies) showed up. Then another long wait and no water, no refills until finally our meals were served.

The worst part besides the 2-hours was the waitress dressed like a slob and she acted the part too. She was obnoxious-- reaching across our table while we were eating or talking and pushing drinks or plates in front of our faces---- Okay she was crude and just a grit that has no place in the restaurant business serving customers.

The owner made an appearance to clear the table since the waitress obviously didn't have a clue.

Three meals: 2 were Excellent (Lamb and Salmon) and 1 was poor (Chicken Rigatoni) that made my daughter ill.

Atmosphere: charming old schoolhouse and really nice, tasteful; very pleasant.

Wine: Excellent wine but over priced.

I can't understand why we paid premium prices, got what I'd call very scant servings and really horrible service and this Owner expects to remain in business. His wait staff look like slobs and dress like they came from the gym.

If you visit this establishment and if you want to talk and drink away the evening-- ok; 2 hours maybe a good fit for you but be careful since the MD State Police does maintain a barrack just a few clicks away. So please don't drink and drive after visiting the Brick Ridge.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We live in Mt Airy and love the food at the Brick Ridge. The food is always good. We have a 10 year old and a 7 year old and they love it also. I love the change of specials every week with a different State.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Had brunch here with a friend. The food was very good. I had the crab cake which had a lot of crab. Our server was great. The bloody mary was pretty weak. It was a bit cold in the restaurant. The building was very cute and nicely decorated.