“Very disappointing”

Laurienzo's Brick Oven Cafe
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Mount Airy
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Germantown, Maryland
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I dined here a few days ago for lunch and I'd have to say I was extremely disappointed.. First off the menu is misleading.. I ordered a large caesar with "grilled" chicken (according to the menu) and to my surprise there was sauteed balsamic chicken on the salad. Those two flavors, caesar and balsamic shouldn't even belong together. I asked to have them take the chicken and bring back salmon instead. 20 minutes later I got the salmon and it was a little more decent but slightly overcooked. The worst part of the whole salad was that more than half of the romaine lettuce on it was the heart of it.. Very light colored, nutrition-less and flavorless lettuce. They shouldn't even be putting that into the salad. It seems that they don't have any sort of quality control back in the kitchen or maybe they don't care and want to make as much money as they can off their useless produce. I'm sorry to sound harsh but after spending 35$ + tip on 2 large salads with protein on them I was very disappointed. Not to mention I had to pay full price for the salad + salmon on it. Highlight of the meal was the toasted rosemary bread and butter. I will definitely not be returning.

• Visited March 2014

Mount Airy, Maryland
“Nice surprise in downtown Mt. Airy”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

There really isn't anything else (as far as restaurants go) in the old part of Mt. Airy, but Laurienzo's is worth the trip. Food has always been good, from the salads to pizza to pasta and sandwiches, although we usually get pizza here. The upstairs is a little dark, but downstairs is very nice. This is our favorite casual restaurant in Mt. Airy.

• Visited July 2013
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Best Restaurant in Maryland!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Laurienzo's Brick Oven Café is my all time favorite restaurant. The food is awesome, the sangria amazing, and the atmosphere is friendly & welcoming. Love, love, love this restaurant! The picture is from my dad's surprise 80th birthday at the Phoenix Room at Laurienzo's. They did an awesome job!

• Visited July 2013
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have eaten here several times. The sandwiches & especially the pasta is very good. For a casual restaurant, the ambience is great. A great place to have a meeting as there Los a large upstairs room.The owners are very accommodating & prices are reasonable.

• Visited December 2013
Charlotte, NC
“Excellent Tasting Pizza”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Researched this restaurant on line and decided to go here for my Son's his birthday.
Limited items on menu but we were ok with our choices. Ordered two pizzas
and they were very tasty. Yes, it is a little pricey but sometimes you have to take
the good with the bad. Bathrooms were immaculate and this means a lot to us.
We will certainly go there again for special occasions.

• Visited December 2013