“Excellent Tasting Pizza”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Charlotte, NC
“Excellent Tasting Pizza”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Researched this restaurant on line and decided to go here for my Son's his birthday.
Limited items on menu but we were ok with our choices. Ordered two pizzas
and they were very tasty. Yes, it is a little pricey but sometimes you have to take
the good with the bad. Bathrooms were immaculate and this means a lot to us.
We will certainly go there again for special occasions.

Woodbine, Maryland
“Poor customer service and average-to-middling food”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Have been several times and the food is generally fine, but tend to stay away due to high prices for their pizza. Came this time thanks to a very generous gift card from the soccer team I coached. As for the food, the pizza was fine, but $18 is a bit much for a 14" pie with a a couple of toppings. The caprese salad appetizer, however, was very poorly executed. The tomatoes were not very ripe (understandable given the season), but there was essentially no basil (just a few small shreds versus the whole leaves one would expect...and is even shown on their website!). Given that the balsamic vinegar was served on the side rather than on the salad, the lack of marinating plus the missing basil made for a very bland experience. My wife's entree salad was perfectly fine and my son's grilled cheese panini was nothing special (boy does he miss Terri's Cafe!).

The issue that left a very bad taste in my mouth was that when I paid with the gift card, there was no place on the receipt for the tip (I had over $30 left ont he card). When I asked the server, he said it was not their policy to allow tips to be paid with gift cards (unlike every other restaurant from which I have ever used a gift card). I explained I had little cash, but all he would do was repeat the line about their policy. No apology for the inconvenience, no offer for a manager, nothing.

I normally tip 20% which would have been $10 in this case. As I only had $5, that's what he got. I left a note on the receipt explaining my disatisfaction so they knew why the tip was poor and so management might reconsider their lame "policy." I also asked if they disclose this when people buy gift cards? All I know is that I will not be going again except to use up what is on the gift card for carryout of overly pricey pizza. Go to Mama Angela's for great pizza in Mount Airy, not here!

4 Thank B M
Frederick Maryland
“Dry and Lifeless Pizza Pies”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We are moving and as a thank you to my friends who helped I ordered 3 pizza's from Laurienzo's on Sunday December 1, 2013 at about 12:30 pm. The first was 1/2 mushroom and 1/2 pepperoni, the second 1/2 onion and 1/2 bacon, and the 3rd was 1/2 roasted red pepper and 1/2 sausage.

They called me back and told me they were out of red onion and would yellow onion be ok. I was fine with that but really, out of a staple like red onion. If that was the only issue I would not have even written a review.

My friend picked up the pies. When he arrived I opened them up. Visually everything looked good. I started with a slice of bacon and onion. Both slices were slightly burnt on the bottom and dry in the mouth. Hardly any sauce and lacked much flavor. If I wasn't hungry after moving all morning I would have thrown it all away. I next took a slice of roasted red pepper. It was more moist in the mouth but the crust was rubbery and I was generally unhappy with the whole pizza experience especially since I was there a year ago and had a good pie.

After spending $45.00 on 3 14" pies, I can tell you I won't be back. Especially since my friends wanted a pie from Costco and I told them the pies from Laurienzo's are very good. Costco pies are xtra large pies for $9.99 a pie and they are always good.

Oh well!

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great food!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

While I found the menu very limited, all of our meals were supurb. It is probably worth checking the menu online before deciding to eat here. I had a chicken and pasta dish which was truly excellent. They would not take reservations for a party of four, not sure why. Atmosphere is pleasent with upstairs and downstairs dining and a bar.

Visited October 2013
Key West, Florida
“Expensive but good.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We had 4 drinks & pizza. $53 + tip. Ouch!

Homemade "white" sangria is dark pink. Lots of ice in glass = not alot of liquid. Not nice.

Pizza is $12 + $2 per topping, so when you add a few, it gets crazy. They aren't that big! It tastes great but it better at these prices.

They closed at 9:00 and didn't tell us when we sat down. Who knew when there is a bar right there, that they close so early? We were VERY rushed. Our friend who was meeting us couldn't join us once they said they were closing (which they never offered - we asked when they started cleaning up nearby). They should have said right when we walked in and said we were waiting for a third person to join us, "we close in 45 minutes."

• Visited October 2013