Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
How do They do That

each time I'm here I always wonder how these artists are able to make those shapes from what I'm... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
EDDIE A
Baltimore, United States
Rainy day at Ladew’s Topiary Garden

As a Landscape Architect I try to visit notable gardens everywhere I go. A quick web search and I... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Sarah S
Louisville, Kentucky
via mobile

All reviews house tour nature walk butterfly house rose garden summer concerts plants and flowers koi pond interesting house full bloom harford county wonderful garden enjoy nature self guided gift shop mother's day two hours four hours
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We came for a Sunday evening concert-and even with a couple of showers had a wonderful time! Take a picnic basket, chairs and an umbrella- but leave the drinks home- alcohol cannot be brought in as they sell it, but we did see a few contraband bottles! And choose your spot well based on your preference for sun. The admission is reasonable especially for members and the band was great!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

While the home and gardens of Harvey Ladew are listed as and "known" for the topiary that is really only a part of the beautiful grounds. Each garden is a "room" featuring a color, or plant or center piece. Most have some sort of water feature which adds motion, sound and/or light and each "room" leads to another. Most are not overly formal and all are delightful. The house is interesting, not ornate and clearly the home of a man with no wife. If you like horse & hound this is the home for you!! The cafe in the stable is nice and while they offer no alcoholic beverages I had a lovely strawberry salad and good iced coffee. We were there on a lovely July Sunday and it was not crowded at all. A delightful place to visit if you have any interest in plants and gardens. Well worth the trip.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Even though it's a bit late in the season for many of the flowers, the foliage is still beautiful. Nice lunch in the cafe as well, and reasonable price too. Tour guide Germaine was great. If we didn't live 300 miles away, I'd think about coming back at Christmas.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

These gardens created in 1929 and still going strong are beautiful I felt like we were abroad ! Ladew was a wealthy gentleman self taught gardener and loved topiary . It's worth the visit but if is very hot go early or later when it's cool the gardens are extensive and it's a long walk to really see the entire estate. Also take the house tour it's short and interesting !

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stopped at Ladew Gardens on July 6. The topiary needed to be trimmed and the roses were overtaken with Japanese beetles. We were very disappointed.

2  Thank Sandy H