“Yummy apps and table set up”
Review of Libations Bistro

Libations Bistro
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Millersville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2019 via mobile

Went in today for business lunch. In true LaLa style, went into the ladies room- not only immaculate, but smelled fresh too.

Had the ahi/poke bowl and it was bangin! And the hummus platter didn’t disappoint either.

5 stars from this gal!!!!

Date of visit: January 2019
Phillip P, Owner at Libations Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks so much for the kind review! We really appreciate the feedback, and we hope we have the pleasure of serving you again soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2018

Horrible Experience!!!!!!!!! I was attending a group meeting there that ended at 1 pm. My group was having an after party for the holidays when the meeting ended, which I was not going to attend. I fully understand that my group is charged 20% for any service we receive during our meeting which is held in a "event" section of this establishment. My issue is that I went to the bar to order myself a drink after my meeting ended, where I was turned down at the bar and informed to order from a server. I thought that was unusual but I ordered anyway. To my surprise, the server returned to the bar with my bill and credit card with 20% circled on the receipt to let me know it was taken for gratuity. When I informed my server, Cara, she told me that I was being charged the group fee even though my meeting was over 20 minutes before I ordered. I was not happy , but I was willing to "chalk" it up to just be gone, but then when the server finally delivered my drink, she "accidentally" spilled it on me. I kindly asked to speak to a manager, who wouldn't give his name, and came out attacking me rather than to see what the issue is. He told me things like "OMG I didn't know that a few dollars is so detrimental to you" and "you must just want a free drink". How does anyone address an issue like that? By know means am I indigent, and I have tipped the team there generously, even for things that are free like water! I informed the manager that I was not looking for anything free and I was offended that he assumed that. I just wanted him to know that I was not a part of the party, which was after my meeting ended. He continued to be rude by making comments about this being an early Christmas gift that I must need. He was extremely rude, hostile, and not interested in anything I had to say. I have been the General Manager at 11 bars and restaurants and I am currently in a service industry. I would NEVER address a customer in this manner!

Date of visit: December 2018
2  Thank Honest8102
Reviewed October 20, 2018

Came into town and my sister's boyfriend brought us here for a quick dinner. Wish I could have had both, but he had the Jambalaya Mac & Cheese which he said was great and I had the Crab Mac & Cheese which was also very good. My wife had the Chicken Quesadilla and enjoyed it very much. Had a few beers that were nice and cold to wash it all down.

The place had a nice atmosphere with high tops in the bar area and then a great dining area with a fireplace. I always like the fireplace as part of the setting. Makes it feel a little more like home and relaxing. The staff was very polite. It was a great little food spot in a strip center and I would definitely return next time we are in town.

Date of visit: October 2018
Phillip P, Owner at Libations Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Thanks so much, Christopher! We're really happy to know that you had a great visit with us, and we hope you join us for another one again soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2018

There are many eating/ drinking establishments that are trying to make their brand of bar food upscale and more attractive than real restaurants. Few have accomplished this goal, and Libations is one of these very few that hit the mark perfectly. Most people that have not been here just think that it is another watering hole to drink and if lucky, meet a special someone else. They might be right for the bar part of the establishment, but I was there for the dining. My wife has been to Libations twice before and really liked the restaurant and the selection of foods. They are located right off of Highway I-97 ramp on the right side as you head north towards the Maryland Police Station/ Hellas/ ASPCA. The restaurant is advertised on the highway's sign right before the exit for Benfield Blvd. My wife has eaten there, as I have said not very long ago with some of her friends (it is a LNO or Ladies Night Out group). This visit she had the Jambalaya Mac & Cheese with a side salad. I ordered a club sandwich (a real rare find at these "Want-to-Be-Upscale", but are not fake bistros. The club sandwich was one of the best I ever had and I have eaten them all around the world, when available. It was a good 4 inches tall, 3 slices of a coarse grain wheat bread, and was loaded with all the requirements of a great club sandwich (Tomato, lettuce, ham slices, turkey sliced thick, cheese, bacon and cheese). And the price was reasonable! One of our friends ordered the fish and chips (he really should have been born a Brit) and said that while the portion was small, it was one of the best he has had in a long time and said that it was enough to fill him up. His wife ordered the mussels in a garlic/ butter sauce and a house salad and said that they were both great. So the four of us liked the different foods we ordered and ate and would come here again. Our service was prompt, we had glasses of beer, water and iced tea in front of us in under 15 minutes of arriving! In another 5 minutes we had placed our orders and within 10 minutes we had our apps and in another 5 minutes they were all gone (we were hungry and they were great!). Our meals were served to us in about 5 minutes after we finished the apps., a new record for all the places we have eaten at over the past 15+ years of dining out in Europe and America! We will be coming back to try some of the other dishes in the future. (I read about a Ruben and a pretzel with cheese sauce that they used to have, I would love to try both of these! I love a good pretzel (learned to love them in Berlin, Germany.)

Date of visit: September 2018
Phillip P, Owner at Libations Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Hey Jack! thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It is a genuine honor to have received 5-stars from a guest such as yourself! It is the highest compliment that you could have given us! We are so happy that we were able to serve you a meal and provide you with such an experience that it left such a wonderful impression! We only serve dishes that we can be proud of, and we are so happy that you were able to see why! We hope that you will make it your mission to return again in the near future, we are sure our Pretzels won't disappoint! See you soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Nice crab cake bruchetta! Delicious draft beers. But we miss the reuben they used to have. And for $14, the two pieces of cod are stingy.

Date of visit: September 2018
Phillip P, Owner at Libations Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

We appreciate your feedback, Mack! Thanks for taking the time to leave us with your thoughts and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.