“GREAT LITTLE BAR FOOD SPOT”
Review of Libations Bistro

Libations Bistro
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Millersville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2018

Came into town and my sister's boyfriend brought us here for a quick dinner. Wish I could have had both, but he had the Jambalaya Mac & Cheese which he said was great and I had the Crab Mac & Cheese which was also very good. My wife had the Chicken Quesadilla and enjoyed it very much. Had a few beers that were nice and cold to wash it all down.

The place had a nice atmosphere with high tops in the bar area and then a great dining area with a fireplace. I always like the fireplace as part of the setting. Makes it feel a little more like home and relaxing. The staff was very polite. It was a great little food spot in a strip center and I would definitely return next time we are in town.

Date of visit: October 2018
Phillip P, Owner at Libations Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Thanks so much, Christopher! We're really happy to know that you had a great visit with us, and we hope you join us for another one again soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2018

There are many eating/ drinking establishments that are trying to make their brand of bar food upscale and more attractive than real restaurants. Few have accomplished this goal, and Libations is one of these very few that hit the mark perfectly. Most people that have not been here just think that it is another watering hole to drink and if lucky, meet a special someone else. They might be right for the bar part of the establishment, but I was there for the dining. My wife has been to Libations twice before and really liked the restaurant and the selection of foods. They are located right off of Highway I-97 ramp on the right side as you head north towards the Maryland Police Station/ Hellas/ ASPCA. The restaurant is advertised on the highway's sign right before the exit for Benfield Blvd. My wife has eaten there, as I have said not very long ago with some of her friends (it is a LNO or Ladies Night Out group). This visit she had the Jambalaya Mac & Cheese with a side salad. I ordered a club sandwich (a real rare find at these "Want-to-Be-Upscale", but are not fake bistros. The club sandwich was one of the best I ever had and I have eaten them all around the world, when available. It was a good 4 inches tall, 3 slices of a coarse grain wheat bread, and was loaded with all the requirements of a great club sandwich (Tomato, lettuce, ham slices, turkey sliced thick, cheese, bacon and cheese). And the price was reasonable! One of our friends ordered the fish and chips (he really should have been born a Brit) and said that while the portion was small, it was one of the best he has had in a long time and said that it was enough to fill him up. His wife ordered the mussels in a garlic/ butter sauce and a house salad and said that they were both great. So the four of us liked the different foods we ordered and ate and would come here again. Our service was prompt, we had glasses of beer, water and iced tea in front of us in under 15 minutes of arriving! In another 5 minutes we had placed our orders and within 10 minutes we had our apps and in another 5 minutes they were all gone (we were hungry and they were great!). Our meals were served to us in about 5 minutes after we finished the apps., a new record for all the places we have eaten at over the past 15+ years of dining out in Europe and America! We will be coming back to try some of the other dishes in the future. (I read about a Ruben and a pretzel with cheese sauce that they used to have, I would love to try both of these! I love a good pretzel (learned to love them in Berlin, Germany.)

Date of visit: September 2018
Phillip P, Owner at Libations Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Hey Jack! thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It is a genuine honor to have received 5-stars from a guest such as yourself! It is the highest compliment that you could have given us! We are so happy that we were able to serve you a meal and provide you with such an experience that it left such a wonderful impression! We only serve dishes that we can be proud of, and we are so happy that you were able to see why! We hope that you will make it your mission to return again in the near future, we are sure our Pretzels won't disappoint! See you soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Nice crab cake bruchetta! Delicious draft beers. But we miss the reuben they used to have. And for $14, the two pieces of cod are stingy.

Date of visit: September 2018
Phillip P, Owner at Libations Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

We appreciate your feedback, Mack! Thanks for taking the time to leave us with your thoughts and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I've been to Libations three times so far and the restaurant is awesome. The location is fantastic because it's located right off of Highway I97 ramp. The restaurant is advertised on the highway's sign right before the exit for Benfield Blvd. I have had dinner there on a Sunday evening not to long ago with some of my best friends. I had the steak grilled burger on a gluten free bun with a side tavern salad which was so yummy. I have gluten allergies which restrict me from having certain items on a menu. It is hard sometimes when you go out to eat. They have a great menu for gluten-free options.

Another time, I helped co-host a surprise party for my dad. The room was decorated with a 1950's theme. The party was held in the main dining room with nearly 50 guests. We were allowed to use the main projector for a slide show. The night before, we were also allowed to come in and decorate. The staff were very helpful for that purpose. We had a brunch for 21.99 with drinks included; such as apple juice, orange juice, lemonade, water and coffee.

The third time, we co-hosted a birthday party for a friend of ours. We had great service from the staff, whom allowed us to decorate from the night before for a European trip theme. The staff also helped design chalk boards for the party and provided us with additional tables.

Thank you to the event coordinator Amy Cantner for all of your help with coordinating the events.

Date of visit: July 2018
Phillip P, Owner at Libations Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! It means the world to us that with all your wonderful visits with us, it's always been a great one! Whether its for dinner or a catered event, we make sure to make every experience special by serving up delicious food and exceptional service! We cannot wait for you to join us again!

Reviewed July 21, 2018

Interesting beers on tap. Nice atmosphere and friendly service. Best thing was the food. I had mac and cheese with lump crab meat. My wife had the tuna over seaweed and a crab dip. Both very enjoyable. We will be back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Phillip P, Owner at Libations Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback. We're glad we were able to deliver on the 5-star dining experience our guests deserve! We can't wait to see you again soon!