“Nice little gem hidden in small town”
Review of Asian Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Asian Cafe
Ranked #10 of 16 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Just north of the center of town on the corner of W Green Street.
Description: Just north of the center of town on the corner of W Green Street.
Virginia
“Nice little gem hidden in small town”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had fresh food, prepared well enough, friendly enough staff. The place is very clean. It's bright due to the windows, since it was a car dealership building. The transition to a restaurant was nicely done.

• Visited December 2012

Myersville, Maryland
“Best of Middletown”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good quality sushi. Professional service. BYOB- and glasses, too (they have large water glasses only apparently and sake was kind of silly in them.) The noodle dishes are good, too. Odd sushi bar setup-instead of ordering from the sushi chef who is right in front of you, a server comes to take your order. Maybe they will change that.

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food. New place!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I tried Asian Cafe when they first opened and was disappointed. But they've taken full advantage of the time since to work out the kinks!

My girlfriend introduced me to some sushi here. We got the tempora shrimp and avocado wrap. Pricey, but fresh and tasty.

Main courses were great too. I had the double delight: shrimp and scallops in a light beurre blanc sauce. Heavy on the onions but it tasted good. My date struck gold: the Thai Pineapple with chicken. They put everything into half of a pineapple and serve it that way. Tasted awesome and generous portions- I was picking at it for at least fifteen minutes after she had her fill.

Ambiance is different. This used to be a car dealership and I had a hard time picturing it as anything but. So I'm biased.

Oh, and my family came by three nights in a row, and their server recognized them and was so thankful for them bringing their friends in. Nice!

Service was alright. Friendly enough. We'll be back!

1 Thank MJCaboose91