“A Rare Find”

Silver Moon Diner
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Middle River
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“A Rare Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Silver Moon Diner is a rare find in today's typical restaurant options. The atmosphere is defininitely "diner" and the prices are reasonable but the portions are large compared to the price. The crabcakes are good, sandwiches are good, LOVE their fries! I have family that lives in Middle River so I am there about once a month. When we go out to eat we go to "The Diner" as my Dad refers to it. Give this one a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JayBeeJasper

Owings, Maryland
“Great Food and Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stopped at the Silver Moon Diner on our way back from Longwood Gardens. Our server, Nicolette, although very busy, was very attentive. Great service. The food was delicious. The portions very large. The best bread pudding I have ever tasted. I wish we lived closer, as we would return often.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Karen M
Chase Maryland
“yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you want a Great Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad, you have to try the Silver Moon Diner. After work I really don't want to go to any restaurant. So, I call the order in and my Husband picks it up. It is covered in grilled chicken that is well flavored. It will feed 2 it's that large. Try the homemade chicken noodle soup also, big chunks of chicken and great. You will not be sorry.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jordon's Nana
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Food & Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I love going to diners, this place I recently visited this weekend. The place is pretty big for a diner and the wait staff is fast and courteous. At our table we ordered a chicken ranch wrap which was typical, cream of crab soup that was amazing, and an omelette. Everybody enjoyed there meal, I had the breakfast, which was really good. The omelette was big with fresh veggies and the potatoes/ hash browns were delicious. I know hash browns are hash browns but these must b cooked in butter cause the flavor was great. I would definitely return here. Didn't try them but the desserts looked amazing!

• Visited August 2012
Yardville, New Jersey
“Good price, decent breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stopped into this cute little diner for breakfast while visiting the Baltimore area. It is located on a major highway so getting in and out can be tricky but not terribly so. It has the look and decor of the old time diners but needs a little improvement.

We ordered eggs, toast, home fries, and bacon with juice, tea. All food was cooked as ordered and tasty except - the toast was under toasted. Needs to be a little darker. But over easy eggs were good and a request for not too crispy bacon was met.

We had a small tea issue that the waitress took extra time to correct plus didn't charge us for it. The entire breakfast cost $10 plus a tip. I would have given this restaurant a slightly higher rating except the booth "jukebox" (now for video games instead of music) ripped us off a dollar. Don't bother with them.

I could also see how other reviewer situations could happen. Our waitress was decent but the person at the front register was surly and uninterested in customers. Didn't really give me a desire to come back at night for something more substantial.

• Visited July 2012